Poll: How many of you have sailed Epic mutliple times?

sdmike

What is your Epic sailing experience or plans?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. What is your Epic sailing experience or plans?

• Epic Junkie: We have sailed or booked 3 or more Epic cruises!
    • Epic Lover: We have sailed or booked Epic twice!
    • Epic Veteran: We have sailed the Epic!
    • Epic in Waiting: We haven't sailed yet, but we're booked! Woohoo!
    • Epicurious: We're considering sailing her, but haven't booked yet. Hmmm
    • Anti-Epic: We really have no interest in this ship

The Epic started sailing in mid-summer 2010, and her first 18 months have been pretty interesting to say the least. Some were, and still are, put off by her size, lack of promenade deck, room design (including bathrooms), and other factors. However, it seems more and more are falling in love with this unique ship and are sailing on her multiple times already. I think the most I saw on the boards was 3 sailings already (in 18 months!) with another booked!

So, where are you in your "Epic Experience"?

Three times sailing on her as of January. Actually Mike, I also was on the inaugural sailing out of Miami. Great ship to sail on as a solo cruiser.

It doesn't bother me at all that there is no promenade deck which traverses around the ship. I get plenty of the feel of the ocean on the open decks and our balcony.

Totally agree!!!! I've always preferred the water views from my own balcony over a stroll on the promenade deck anyway. I think I'm one of the few in the cruising world who just doesn't get the excitement of that deck ... to each their own, I guess:)

Three times sailing on her as of January. Actually Mike, I also was on the inaugural sailing out of Miami. Great ship to sail on as a solo cruiser.

Cool! I was on the second sailing out of Miami (the western leg). It was neat to see how this big, new ship was greeted in some of the places. In Roatan the local media and politicians were all there

Cool! I was on the second sailing out of Miami (the western leg). It was neat to see how this big, new ship was greeted in some of the places. In Roatan the local media and politicians were all there

There are some great framed photos, in the bridge viewing area, of some of the Epic's inaugural stops now. Roatan may have been one of them actually - I'll check my photos again.

The Epic started sailing in mid-summer 2010, and her first 18 months have been pretty interesting to say the least. Some were, and still are, put off by her size, lack of promenade deck, room design (including bathrooms), and other factors. However, it seems more and more are falling in love with this unique ship and are sailing on her multiple times already. I think the most I saw on the boards was 3 sailings already (in 18 months!) with another booked!

So, where are you in your "Epic Experience"?

Took our first cruise on the Epic in Late Feb, and fell in love. Thanks to an untimely injury, we had to leave in STT. We are re-booked for the same Eastern itinerary next Feb to finish what we started, and I am considering a TA for the Fall of 13. I guess we are hooked...

Totally agree!!!! I've always preferred the water views from my own balcony over a stroll on the promenade deck anyway. I think I'm one of the few in the cruising world who just doesn't get the excitement of that deck ... to each their own, I guess:)

I feel the same way.

I think these are pretty interesting results. Looks like 60% of those that sailed on Epic have already committed to going back for more. As pointed out earlier, there is no evaluation on whether the remaining 40% loved their cruise and haven't rebooked (the category I fall into), or took a trip and didn't like it.

I wonder how this compares to other ships in their first year. I've seen more people than normal rebook this ship right after they get off. The Epic might be polarizing, but she sure has a fan base

Sailed her last December and we loved it. We are wanting to sail again this December, if schedules permit. Everyone looks for a different cruise experience, and the Epic filled the bill for us. In short, it is a floating Las Vegas.

In short, it is a floating Las Vegas.

Right...with a balcony overlooking the ocean. :)

This is exactly what is polarizing about the ship. Some want traditional, and yet clearly a large number want a vegas experience on the water

Right...with a balcony overlooking the ocean. :)

This is exactly what is polarizing about the ship. Some want traditional, and yet clearly a large number want a vegas experience on the water

Exactly and the Epic is currently the only ship in the fleet you can get a truly different experience. Hard to tell what ship you are on in the rest of the fleet. Not that that is bad.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

For me there are three place so far in this world where I had so much fun that I doubt I could ever return...New Orleans, Istanbul, and the Epic.

coka

And you're wanted by authorities in two of those locations? :p

Sailed Epic in Haven when it was almost brand new. Loved it! So booked Epic again and were all set and excited. Then more new Breakaway pictures came out. Well, what can I say for myself? Just couldn't resist a new ship and I canceled Epic for Breakaway. :p

Now the tough decision is which week to sail Breakaway, Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year 2014. What a dilemma! :D

Sailed once and rebooked same cruise for this November. The only part I don't care for are the bathroom set up but that would never stop me from cruising on it again. We love the Epic with all it has to offer. I do think it is the ugliest ship out there but its what's on the inside that counts! We stay balcony so don't worry about the less places to look out at the water.

I've sailed the Epic once and enjoyed it. I am reluctant to sail again only because I've now seen all the evening shows and I'm not sure I'd want to repeat Cirque or Blue Man. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the concepts that I liked on Epic applied to Project Breakaway (especially the Spa Suites -- loved them).

Archived