Bringing Medicine??

MissMichelle

Remember, it is not what you have successfully done in the past, but what happens the day it becomes unsuccessful.

YOu can successly roll through the stop sign in your neighborhood everyday for years, but one day, you get stopped and ticketed.

My point is, that it is medicine that you need, so what happens, if it is taken from you? I mean, WHAT HAPPENS if you do not take you medicine? Is it worth the risk? Sorry, but smuggling booze on board is a risk that if you lose, you won't lose anything important, but the prescriptions are much more important, and not worth the risk, in my opinion, no matter how many times you here the "success" stories.

Remember, it is not what you have successfully done in the past, but what happens the day it becomes unsuccessful.

YOu can successly roll through the stop sign in your neighborhood everyday for years, but one day, you get stopped and ticketed.

My point is, that it is medicine that you need, so what happens, if it is taken from you? I mean, WHAT HAPPENS if you do not take you medicine? Is it worth the risk? Sorry, but smuggling booze on board is a risk that if you lose, you won't lose anything important, but the prescriptions are much more important, and not worth the risk, in my opinion, no matter how many times you here the "success" stories.

YES!!!

My DH takes many heart meds and I have pain and high blood presssure meds...they go in the original bottles (We request smaller ones with current dates each year.), which go in our carry-ons. Neither one of us can do without our medications...we bring our daily pill boxes with vitamins etc. (rubber bands to keep them closed) and just sort the prescriptions on the ship/in the country. If I hadn't had them in their bottles we would have lost all of them when we went to Australia, because I didn't fill out the their forms correctly. My DH and I would both have been in serious trouble...

So to me it's not even a close call, put them in the bottles, carry them with you and sort when you get there.:)

I carry my "pile of pills" in a daily container inside a zip lock bag. Plus, I have the tear-off prescription receipt, that names the scrips on them, in the bag,also. (Liquids, of course, go in a one quart bag.);)

When flying, Meds are exempt from the 3-1-1 rule. They need to be declared, though, when going through security. For convenience (and to protect the contents of my bag should spillage occur), I put liquid meds (this includes contact solution) in whatever size ziplock bag needed and just put that bag alongside the 3-1-1 bag at security.

I always carry my medications, insulin and supplies in my carry on pack. Never had a problem with customs. however I have my meds in the orginal bottle. Several years ago I dropped my insulin and had to go the infirmary on the ship. glad I had the orignal box with me!

On my B2B I had miscounted thr amount of my Diabetes drugs and had to get some from the ships Pharmacy. I had the original bottle so they had no problem finding a substitute for me and selling me enough for the ret of the trip. So Pillbox and script bottles....bring both and cary them on don't pack them in checked luggage,

Archived