RT 28 days LA to Hawaii/Tahiti/Samoa/Moorea/Bora Bora

KruzPrincess

There is no 24-hour news network from the USA.

At least 50% of the time, Fox news has commentators, not news.

HLN now reports mostly crime and trials during the day and has commentators the rest of the time.

CNN also is 50% commentators.

We had the same thing on the R.T. Hawaii on the Star last month. It was very frustrating not to have a 24 news network.

WCC

• 4 weeks later...

I can understand Toto's position. I took it on myself to get a spreadsheet for our South American cruise in February 2013. As of right now, we have at least 70 entries (one per couple) on the spreadsheet.

That was fine with me, I had just names, and which leg of the B2B they were doing.

One lady sent me a copy of a spreadsheet someone had done for a Med cruise, and it blew my mind. Some person, bless their soul, had a spreadsheet that listed each port, and who was going on which excursion, who was organizing it, and if there were any openings.

The amount of work and coordination must have been unbelievable.

I can understand Toto's position. I took it on myself to get a spreadsheet for our South American cruise in February 2013. As of right now, we have at least 70 entries (one per couple) on the spreadsheet.

That was fine with me, I had just names, and which leg of the B2B they were doing.

One lady sent me a copy of a spreadsheet someone had done for a Med cruise, and it blew my mind. Some person, bless their soul, had a spreadsheet that listed each port, and who was going on which excursion, who was organizing it, and if there were any openings.

The amount of work and coordination must have been unbelievable.

Sounds like ours for Royal Princess's transatlantic. An absolute ton of work has gone into it.

We are booked on the 2013 sailing and looking forward to the sea days as we consider sea days as the cruise the ports are extra we have done the 35 day one out of Sydney as well we live in Australia but need to fly to Sydney to board a ship glad this is a 28 day cruise need it to be that long to make the airfare feaseable

David and Maureen:D:D

We would love to do this cruise in either the fall or spring. We have no problems with sea days as long as it would be warm enough to lie on deck in the sun. Is it warm enough to do this? I have heard that the first 2 days out of L.A. can be windy & cold both ways. Any weather info would be appreciated.

Thanks

We cruise for the ports and are not "sea days" kind of people so we'd never do this itinerary. 8 sea days would drive me crazy. However, when we flew to Papeete and did a back to back 10 day cruise of the French Polynesian islands, it was magical. 20 days in paradise !! I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Having 2 days on each island gave us double exploring time.

We too were on this cruise and absolutely loved it. We would do it again, absolutely - but we really love sea days. However, I agree that if the itinerary were flipped it would be a good option, also as Pam suggested - maybe 2 stops in Hawaii going and 2 stops coming back. I definitely will be looking to see if Princess puts the B2B (Hawaii to Tahiti and return) cruises back on the schedule as I would not hesitate one second to book those.

I am sorry that Toto's cruise was so negatively impacted. I realize she did a lot of work leading up to the cruise and for that I believe we were all very grateful. However, I did not realize how much she was dealing with throughout the cruise. Other than seeing her and others at the Meet and Greet we pretty much stayed to ourselves - which works best for us.

I think Princess should constantly have a ship doing 12 nighters between Hawaii and Tahiti. We did this itinerary as a b2b aboard the Dawn in 2003 and loved it. The flights to and from Hawaii were easy and reasonably priced plus you don't have a massive 8 seas days at the end.

We were on those B2B on the Dawn Princess also in 2002.....and it was one of our favorite trips.

Archived