Port Canaveral departure hotel?

manderson2228

Sailing May 13th out of Port Canaveral, my wife and I are driving Friday night, and going to enjoy the attractions in Orlando Saturday then leave for cruise on Sunday. Is there a hotel that is a a short drive to both Orlando and Port Canaveral and offers a shuttle service, or place to park my vehicle during the cruise?

Sailing May 13th out of Port Canaveral, my wife and I are driving Friday night, and going to enjoy the attractions in Orlando Saturday then leave for cruise on Sunday. Is there a hotel that is a a short drive to both Orlando and Port Canaveral and offers a shuttle service, or place to park my vehicle during the cruise?

I believe there are several hotels that do this. Additionally, there is a Park and Cruise less than 5 minutes from Port Canaveral. Take EXIT #52 from SR 528 (Beachline). It's the last exit before Port Canaveral. Right now, it's $6/day.

So, if you drive from Orlando to PC on Sunday am, this might be an option for you.

We're going to try it in October when we sail on Freedom of the Seas.

I believe there are several hotels that do this. Additionally, there is a Park and Cruise less than 5 minutes from Port Canaveral. Take EXIT #52 from SR 528 (Beachline). It's the last exit before Port Canaveral. Right now, it's $6/day.

So, if you drive from Orlando to PC on Sunday am, this might be an option for you.

We're going to try it in October when we sail on Freedom of the Seas.

PS

Someone on another board used it this am, said they were really impressed with how quickly they were at the port after parking.

Is there a hotel that is a a short drive to both Orlando and Port Canaveral and offers a shuttle service, or place to park my vehicle during the cruise?

One hotel near both? No, Orlando and PC are about an hour apart and there really isn't much of anything in between the two.

Is there a hotel that is a a short drive to both Orlando and Port Canaveral and offers a shuttle service, or place to park my vehicle during the cruise?

One hotel near both? No, Orlando and PC are about an hour apart and there really isn't much of anything in between the two.

Didn't really mean "close to both" I really mean somewhere in the middle, where I could grab a taxi or shuttle to the port where I could leave my vehicle, but if I have to use the park and cruise.

There really isn't much between Orlando and PC. I don't think there are any cruise and park hotels in Orlando but there are several in PC. So you can drive over to PC after your day in Orlando and spend Saturday night. Or as suggested by the PP, stay both nights in Orlando and just park in PC. Either at the terminal or at the offsite place.

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites in Port Canaveral last week and thought it was great. We did not use the stay and Cruise option because I thought for 4 of us it was cheaper to use the Park and Cruise lot.

The Park and Cruise lot was very convenient. We arrived before they started taking passengers to the port so we had to wait about 30 minutes. When they did take us we had the van to ourselves.

Getting off the ship, we carried our own luggage, had to wait about 10 minutes for a van, but were in our car and on the road about 8:30. There were reps from the Ron Jon Resort there that were offering a free night but we had to get home. I think you had to listen to the sales pitch, but I did not get all the info.

Overall I would recommend both and would do it again.

Archived