When to book excursions?

Love Cruis'n

We cruise 7/23 on the Coral Princess.

When should we start booking our excursions?

Or maybe I should ask when we can start booking them on line with Princess?

And likewise, if we book with independents - when should we get that going?

Thanks,

We cruise 7/23 on the Coral Princess.

When should we start booking our excursions?

Or maybe I should ask when we can start booking them on line with Princess?

And likewise' date=' if we book with independents - when should we get that going?

Thanks,[/quote']

I agree with the previous poster. Book as soon as you can.

Love: If your excursions are up now I would go ahead and make reservations. For the indepentents, for example Capt. Larry's whale watching in Juneau, I would book now. He is extremely popular and his boat only carries around 24 people and you are in the prime time visiting Alaska.

marilyn

IF you are firm on your tour choices book them now. The problems come when people find out more and change their minds. :) Independents- ALWAYS be aware of the cancelation policies and payment requirements.

We booked our helicopter tour early because there will be 3 other cruise ships in port when we are there, one of them for sure carrying over 3000 passengers. By going direct with the tour operator, we saved quite a bit. Note, however, that the cancellation policies are stricter than if we were to have booked through the cruise line. If we cancel before 24 hours within our tour, we lose our 10% deposit. Cancelling after that could mean being charged for the entire tour. If the tour operator cancels (e.g., weather), there is no charge. Anyway, the point is to be sure you understand the difference between booking with your cruise line versus booking directly with the vendor.

One other thing- if you book through your cruise ship, they will often wait for you if you are held up getting back to the ship, or at least that's what our cruise provider advertises. For us, our tour ends 4 hours before we need to be back aboard ship, so we feel we have a cushion of time there.

Hope this helps.

Archived