Capt. Johhny for Allure end of May?

If he is on there now, I am hoping he doesn't come back to the Allure after each of his breaks. Had him on the Mariner. Wonderful driver (dodged 3 hurricanes w/o the ship rocking) but I found the long daily announcements of useless info very annoying.

I love Capt Johnny, but if he is not the captain for your Allure cruise, Capt Zini is wonderful too...very charming and engaging! We sailed on Allure during hurricane Irene, coming within 250 nm of the eye of the storm. Capt Zini kept us well-informed regarding the detoured route and itinerary changes, and was a very strong presence on the ship at all times.

If he is on there now, I am hoping he doesn't come back to the Allure after each of his breaks. Had him on the Mariner. Wonderful driver (dodged 3 hurricanes w/o the ship rocking) but I found the long daily announcements of useless info very annoying.

We enjoy Capt. Johnny nice that he is out and about and very approachable but I will agree with you one thing he can really to is talk and talk and talk and talk. It is his ship so would think he will be back.

You'd rather hear bingo announcements all day?

much rather have him than someone you can barely understand.

Hi Guys,

I know I am probably in the minority on this but I love his annoucements. It's the one thing it alays says cruise to me...announcements. Besides I met him for the first time on the Mariner of the Seas Inaugrual cruise on Nov.30 2003 and I don't remember seeing Capt. Johnny since. I had my picture taken with him and I thought it be fun to bring it along and get another. :)

Guess I'll bring it just incase. :)

You'd rather hear bingo announcements all day?

much rather have him than someone you can barely understand.

Bingo announcements don't stop because you have Capt. Johnny....you have both. It's like hearing the adults from the Charlie Brown cartoons talk...a lot.

Bingo announcements don't stop because you have Capt. Johnny....you have both. It's like hearing the adults from the Charlie Brown cartoons talk...a lot.

and they dont end if Capt Johnny wasn't there. Lasts a minute and all the captains do it. Lasts a minute. Big deal

I was just on the Allure with Captain Johnny and we sailed with Captain Zini last year. I have to say I much prefer Captain Zini. I was surprised with all the great talk about Captain Johnny on these boards but he didn't really impress me. Captain Zini was very approachable and had a great presence without being too cheesy and jokey all the time.

and they dont end if Capt Johnny wasn't there. Lasts a minute and all the captains do it. Lasts a minute. Big deal

We have sailed with Capt. Johnny several times and I can guarantee you his noon time announcements have never been one minute or less. He is a fun captain and is all over the ship but he does talk a whole big bunch.

Not sure how me stating my opinion made you think it was a big deal. :rolleyes: If it was a big deal I'd think twice about cruising. :)

The 2 captains alternate 10 weeks on and 10 weeks off. I met his parrot in Central Park on our cruise right before he joined the ship for his rotation. According to the guy that does the Central Park tour, his girlfriend had boarded early and was sitting with the parrot on its favorite bench in the park while talking to Capt Johnny on her phone.

Neat. I didn't realize he had a parrot or a girlfriend for that matter, for some reason I thought he was married???? LOL!

In anycase I hope he'll still be on there when I get onboard.

he WAS married, problem was, he also had several girlfriends even while his wife was sailing with him. They are now divorced, especially after Capt Johnny got his second officer....I have never been on a ship where Capt Johnny was master, and I hope I never sail with Capt Ego.

Archived