30 days out, with a GUAR still (questions) -m

TSoccer5

There are only 6 rooms left on our ship... none of those sleep 4...

there are 4 of us traveling and we got our paperwork and the grey tags with no room assigned.

I was told they could put us in a room for 3 with a roll away?

Or that we will just get a room from anyone who cancels?

Right now only 3 rooms avail sleep 3... the others only sleep 2... they can't do 2 roll aways to us can they?

We did book GUAR Interior and when we did there were no interior rooms left at all.

We are on the Celebration May 30th to Nassua...

any ideas on what we might end up with???

Just curious and excited! :rolleyes:

Is Carnival actually telling you how many rooms are available on the ship??? And how could you book an Inside when there were none available? If you are booked, they will have a room for you... How are you getting this information? If a room can accomodate 2, they will put 2 in there... I'm confused :confused:

How are you sure there are only 6 rooms left? Are you going to the Carnival website, and pretending to book a cruise? Because I thought only 6 or 7 rooms ever come up at one time. Not necessarily an indicator that thereare only 6 rooms left.

I agree that if you booked a guarantee for 4, they will get you a room for 4.

How are you sure there are only 6 rooms left? Are you going to the Carnival website, and pretending to book a cruise? Because I thought only 6 or 7 rooms ever come up at one time. Not necessarily an indicator that thereare only 6 rooms left.

I agree that if you booked a guarantee for 4, they will get you a room for 4.

Exactly, going online to a TA or Carnival will not give you an accurate count of how many cabins are left... so I am curious as to how the OP knows exactly how many cabins are left on the ship. The Coast Guard designates how many can be in a room... if the room is only to occupy 2, they cannot bring in 2 cots...

I agree that Carnival will have you a room for four- I wouldn't worry about it but is it true that the Coast Guard sets occupancy for various rooms? I would think that would be up to Carnival or whichever cruise line you happened to be cruising on- I've always assumed it was a matter of company policy.

Sensation Feb 2002

Conquest Feb 2003

Elation Sept 2003

Destiny May 2004

Elation Jan 2005

Conquest Christmas Cruise Dec 2005!!!

We are 40 days out on the IG and I called and asked and they gave me my room numbers. I booked three rooms and got one lowest deck interior center and 2 outside main deck obstruced views. If it's a sold out ship they can give you the room number sooner. If not you may have to wait until you get there to find out.

When we booked directly through Carnival, there were 12 rooms left on the ship... that was about a month ago...

There were NO Interior rooms left at that time that could sleep 4. BUT the offer for a GUAR Room for a rate of $50 less per person was still available to the TA we were talking through... so she "saved us" $200 by doing this, I just checked and they are still letting people book that rate for this cruise... it will not let you pick an interior room but it will let you book Interior Guar... after multiple searches there are only exterior cabins left (yes I should be working)...

since then I have been watching on Carnival's site and the "suites" are all gone

I then went to Travelocity and it showed 4 rooms on one level and 2 on another left...

I emailed our TA and she said that the cruise is "almost" sold out and that IF that happens we will be given our room assignment, but as of right now we still say GUAR...

so I was wondering if anyone else on here has any experience with this?

My opinion? Get some work done, LOL... don't stress yourself out over this because most of the information you are going to get is not going to get you anywhere... If you are checking TA sites for rooms left, that is not a very accurate account as to what is left... You will have a cabin on the ship, and they will make sure you have a cabin that sleeps everyone in your party... None of us can even make an educated guess as to what you might end up with... that is just how it goes when you book a guarantee... start thinking about blue water and blue skies, and don't worry about anything you have no control over... you'll be cruising soon!!!!

We booked an inside guar for our cruise too. Everything is still saying Guar for us too...but, on the back of our sail and sign doc at the bottom, there is a long list of numbers and letters. The four numbers that follow your booking number is what your room number most likely is. It is still possible for it to change, but chances are, if you're cuise is close to being sold out, it prob wont change. We were upgraded to a 5A

YOur cabin is parked somewhere.

You booked a guarantee inside cabin. Since the Celebration does have rollaways you could get a triple and ONE rollaway only. It doesnt mean anything with you seeing those cabins -- More then likely you are already set.

Did you check the documents like the poster above stated??

How about the fun pass method by viewing gifts under the funpass link?>

I did check... and yes you were all right... just got another email from my TA and she said there are actually 40 cabins left... just only 6 that "could" hold 4 people... most only hold 2. She said to email her in 2-3 weeks and she will check and see if my room has been released.

I checked the way you mentioned and it still says GUAR

Our sign and sail card even says TBA after our booking number... guess it will likely be a surprise!

Thanks!

How did you get a Sail&Sign card before your board? I thought you only got those when you get to the dock on the day you leave.

Concord is like our second home with all that new shopping areas down that way.

My hubby is the manager at the newer Bojangles on Dale Earnhardt Blvd (Exit 60). Stop in and say "hi" sometime. Lots of good shopping down here that's for sure. We're going to try to have a Carolina get together later in the summer with some of the other CC Carolinians. Hope you can join us.

How did you get a Sail&Sign card before your board? I thought you only got those when you get to the dock on the day you leave.

I think the poster is referring to the Sail and Sign application... you don't actually get the card until you check in at the pier...

Archived