Avignon & Les Baux OR Avignon & Aix-en-Provence

blueslily

Hi all,

I'm going on my first cruise in Europe and I need to choose between a tour of Avignon & Les Baux OR Avignon & Aix-en-Provence. I've read some of the threads here on CC, but I'm still not sure which to choose.

As for me, I'm looking for areas with great views and exploring towns. I'm not interested in spending lots of time in museums.

Please share about your experiences in these areas.

Which would you choose and why?

Thanks!!! :D

Hi all,

I'm going on my first cruise in Europe and I need to choose between a tour of Avignon & Les Baux OR Avignon & Aix-en-Provence. I've read some of the threads here on CC, but I'm still not sure which to choose.

As for me, I'm looking for areas with great views and exploring towns. I'm not interested in spending lots of time in museums.

Please share about your experiences in these areas.

Which would you choose and why?

Thanks!!! :D

Avignon and Les Baux! Avignon is beautiful, with the Palais des Papes, the bridge etc. Very walkable. Don't bother with the little tourist train there. Les Baux is fabulous. We would choose that every time over Aix, which we found too busy and not all that attractive. Les Baux is steep, cobbled, lots of little shops, then the crowning glory, the castle at the top with superb views of Provence and lots of interesting history.

Avignon and Les Baux! Avignon is beautiful, with the Palais des Papes, the bridge etc. Very walkable. Don't bother with the little tourist train there. Les Baux is fabulous. We would choose that every time over Aix, which we found too busy and not all that attractive. Les Baux is steep, cobbled, lots of little shops, then the crowning glory, the castle at the top with superb views of Provence and lots of interesting history.

Thanks so much for the wonderful feedback/suggestion. I appreciate it!

Archived