Luggage tags- Does color matter

cruzinlisa

I just stapled mine. They made it through intact.

I'm kind of bummed because my printer is out of ink totally, and ink is more expensive then my printer was!

Thats why every few years I end up buying a new printer. If you have a Cartridge World nearby it helps cut down costs.

If the tag comes off you will not get your luggage. This happened to us once. ( Yes it was laminated and secured with a zip tie when we got to the port) You go down to the pursers desk and there will be a pile of bags without tags. You just grab yours and take it up to your room! :)

I got mine (and it was laminated & zip tied, too - not sure how it managed to get ripped off!) but my luggage had the original tag with my name & address, so I guess they found me that way. That piece came last and very late but we had 4 pieces of luggage and they all came one at a time and spread out like crazy so I wasn't worried enough about it to go looking before it came. haha!

They are the paper from your printer and will not hold up at all unless you take action to protect them.

That is why I get them at the pier.

Hey Stu,

When we have cruised before, the curbside porters took our bags with our luggage tags already being attached. If we do not have them with us, what happens at that point? Where would we get our luggage tags when we arrive at the port?

Mark

Hey Stu,

When we have cruised before, the curbside porters took our bags with our luggage tags already being attached. If we do not have them with us, what happens at that point? Where would we get our luggage tags when we arrive at the port?

Mark

You can get them from the porter if they have any. We sailed out of San Diego and a family was throwing hissy fits because the porters didn't have any. Perhaps this is why they instruct everyone to make their own.

Not only does color not matter, the tags don't matter. In all my cruises, I have never once bothered with luggage tags. My service at the curb is just as quick. I show them my papers and they have tags on and labeled in seconds as the put them in the cart. Bags always, always, ALWAYS arrive at my stateroom without a problem.

I fully anticipate that most cruise lines will phase out this totally archaic process and just let the porters do it at the curb.

Not only does color not matter, the tags don't matter. In all my cruises, I have never once bothered with luggage tags. My service at the curb is just as quick. I show them my papers and they have tags on and labeled in seconds as the put them in the cart. Bags always, always, ALWAYS arrive at my stateroom without a problem.

I fully anticipate that most cruise lines will phase out this totally archaic process and just let the porters do it at the curb.

The whole idea behind the way it is done now, is to phase out the old ones you get from the porters. (and the same ones they mailed you) It is a much more organized cost efficient procedure. Although you will still have the yahoos that just can't get it together and get in the way and time of anything productive.

I aways print in color it helps them sort it out. I never put them on until we leave for the port. I also print a extra and put inside the case or stick in a pocket if it gets lost. Most bags have two places you can put them. I'am to cheap to get them laminated. Have a great cruise!!!

I am so glad that I read this. I was wondering about paper luggage tags and how you attached them. Thanks

Love reading this topic. If you put them on how instructed , they work fine. No need to staple, laminate, glue, twist tie, put extras inside suitcase. Some people make a project out of this one simple task. Enjoy your cruise.......:)

P.S.....Stu's idea is great. Have the Baggage handlers at dock do it. That way you don't feel so bad handing them a few bucks to put your bags on a cart.

At work, we have heavy duty paper-lots of colors to choose from-I usually go for the fluorescent green...As others have mentioned, I use the clear packing tape on the tags to "laminate" them. The a.m. I'm heading to the cruise port from the hotel, I ask the front desk staff for the use of their stapler-has never been a problem-staple the tags onto the luggage. It's then loaded onto the shuttle to the port-makes it very easy to spot, being so bright green:D- to then hand it over to the porters.....works for me!:cool:

Archived