Luggage tags- Does color matter

cruzinlisa

Yipee, I just printed out my cruise docs today. My printer at home is not working so I had to print them off at work, on black and white printer. So the luggage tags are in black and white. Does it matter? Do they need to be in color?

No they do not have to be. It actually says in on the tags. just make sure it securly fasten on the luggage when you give it to the porters. I also make sure i have a copy in the bag , jsut in case the tag comes off

Yipee, I just printed out my cruise docs today. My printer at home is not working so I had to print them off at work, on black and white printer. So the luggage tags are in black and white. Does it matter? Do they need to be in color?

Nope. We printed ours off n black n white and no issues.

No they do not need to be in color. It might be a tiny bit of help in sorting but nothing big. Just be sure to put your last name on the tag.

I laminate mine with clear packing tape and then secure them around the handle with clear packing tape and they are pretty secure, but I also put a copy inside the exterior unlock zipper compartment, just as a safe guard.

Thanks everyone. I probably will have to buy a new printer but I did not want to have to buy one before the trip, just for that reason. I already had to buy a new GPS (map updates are almost the cost of a new GPS so figured i might as well get one for each car) and a car DVD player (didn't HAVE to have it but its a 12 hour drive)!

Oh I am getting so excited.

I guess I have been spoiled by RCCL mailing us each six beautifully colored, durable luggage tags. We sailed NCL before, but I can't remember how I got the tags. I have not yet printed out my Carnival luggae tags, and will be interested as to how they will hold up.

Just please take the advice here and either lamanate them or use clear packing tape to cover them and make them sturdier.

On our last cruise I saw about 3 luggage tags blowing across the loading area that had only been stapled around the handle.........no zip tips, no lamanating. I think they had accidently ripped off as the porters were stacking luggage onto their carts....

Not sure how these people got their luggage because the carts were pushed directly into the terminal......:confused:

Just please take the advice here and either lamanate them or use clear packing tape to cover them and make them sturdier.

On our last cruise I saw about 3 luggage tags blowing across the loading area that had only been stapled around the handle.........no zip tips, no lamanating. I think they had accidently ripped off as the porters were stacking luggage onto their carts....

Not sure how these people got their luggage because the carts were pushed directly into the terminal......:confused:

I second this advice, or at the very least, attach multiples (one on each handle). On my last cruise my bag was one of the ones whose luggage tags got ripped off. I waited around for a while in the room until I realized my bag was not coming, and then went looking for it, hoping it even made it onto the ship. Turns out, it was in the back room behind the guest services desk with a few other lonely bags. :rolleyes: Not a nice way to start a vacation! I plan to either "laminate" them with packing tape or grab some from a porter this time.

I guess I have been spoiled by RCCL mailing us each six beautifully colored, durable luggage tags. We sailed NCL before, but I can't remember how I got the tags. I have not yet printed out my Carnival luggae tags, and will be interested as to how they will hold up.

They are the paper from your printer and will not hold up at all unless you take action to protect them.

That is why I get them at the pier.

I bought some packaging tape to cover them to make them sturdier. What is the best way to attach them? Do you staple them, tie them??? We are driving to port so I have options and can bring my stapler and tape if necessary!

I bought some packaging tape to cover them to make them sturdier. What is the best way to attach them? Do you staple them, tie them??? We are driving to port so I have options and can bring my stapler and tape if necessary!

Good idea about the tape. We staple ours...like a millions times, to make sure they stay.

If the tag comes off you will not get your luggage. This happened to us once. ( Yes it was laminated and secured with a zip tie when we got to the port) You go down to the pursers desk and there will be a pile of bags without tags. You just grab yours and take it up to your room! :)

I wish before printing out the tags, you could fill in the blank lines with you name and whatever else they ask for. It would look a lot neater.

Print ONE. Fill in the info. Make copies. My printer also copies, but you could take it to one of the office supply stores.

On our last cruise there were some people who had shirts with large luggage tags printed on the front of the shirts. I thought they looked nice.

Would be functional also if you pass out on the lido deck from over drinking.

That is HILARIOUS!!!

Before using luggage tag holders we just folded them and stapled them. Later we covered them with two inch clear tape after we stapled them on. No problem for use yet.

We also put a copy of the luggage tag in each piece of luggage just in case the tag does come off. That way when they open it to find information on the owner it will be there. Most of our luggage has a regular luggage tag on it also.

Print ONE. Fill in the info. Make copies. My printer also copies, but you could take it to one of the office supply stores.

What I was referring to was making them look neater by being able to type in your name and info. Not so much having to do it over and over.

Archived