Seattle Hotel/transfer ???????

O.K. I have searched these threads and found some great info. But I am also confused as ever.Here is the help I need. We are sailing Carnival in August which goes out of Pier 91. Was not aware of that originally so now I am a little lost as to how to book things. Here is what I want to do.

I am flying in a couple of days early. Need transportation to hotel? Would like to stay in hotel near Market or downtown. Maybe these are the same location. What is th best hotel where you can walk out and see most stuff without having to hike a mile. Then will this hotel shuttle me to Pier 91? Lots of questions. Let me know if I need to break it down to one question at a time.

Please help with any advice on transportation, hotels or how to get to ship.

Here's a listing of the hotels that are less than a mile from Pike's market, which is in downtown Seattle (which is not a very big downtown footprint).

http://www.pikeplacemarkethotels.com/

I'm partial to Marriott, but this one seems a bit spendy.

I didn't see any that offer a free shuttle, but the cheapest is the light rail from SEA-TAC to downtown. The pier is a short cab ride from the hotel.

Here is some info from a 2010 Cruise Critic response;

"Speaking from experience, we used the light rail [from SEA-TAC] to Westlake, then the monorail ($2 one-way) to the Needle area and stayed at the Hampton Inn. Good hotel rate and there is a grocery store with a large wine selection 1 block away. We had rolling luggage so it was no problem. We actually checked in the hotel then took the monorail back to Westlake and walked to Pikes Market. FYI - Hampton Inn has a shuttle to Pier 91 at a cost of $7 pp. You just sign up at the desk."

This sounds to me like a better option. Have fun!:D

There is also info in the Seattle FAQ STICKY above, and another sticky for recent Priceline bids.

Transportation choices from SeaTac to downtown include Yellow Cab and Stila towncars which have the airport service. A cab will be around $40 and Stila is a flat $45. Shuttle Express also has a airporter bus that leaves frequently and drops off at several hotels in town:

http://www.shuttleexpress.com/hotels

If you can easily manage your luggage, the cheapest option is the Light Rail $ 2.75 for a 40 minute ride to Westlake Center in the center of downtown. It's a 7-10 minute walk to the airport Rail station, and could be a walk to your hotel from Westlake depending on where you stay. Or take a cab to your hotel for $10. (I think the Mayflower is the hotel next door to Westlake).

If you stay near the Seattle Center the hotels are little less pricey, because they're further away from downtown. But you can take a cab downtown for $10 or walk to the Center and take the monorail and cab back.

A cab from just about any hotel to pier 91 will be $10 - $15.

Buses downtown are free. Plus there's a free bus #99 that runs along the waterfront, the Market, etc. Info on both in the Seattle FAQ STICKY.

There's also hotel info on the SEattle forum of tripadvisor.

Archived