Celebrity Century Suite question

timetravellers

We have just upgraded from a Concierge cabin to a Suite guarantee and I find on the Celebrity check in page that we have been allocated a Century Suite on the aft 1134.

It looks like an end cabin. We are not too keen on aft cabins but never mind.

The big quetion is, do we get a butler with this cabin and the usual suite perks?

Yes, you will receive a butler and the standard suite perks listed on Celebrity's website. It is not really a true suite though in that it is barely larger than a regular stateroom.

Thank you for your reply. I found a photo of 1134 and it looked really narrow. Quite disappointed with the allocation and I think there has been another price drop for the Sky Suites.

Do you think I would be able to change the allocation if I ask? We booked via a TA.

Thank you for your reply. I found a photo of 1134 and it looked really narrow. Quite disappointed with the allocation and I think there has been another price drop for the Sky Suites.

Do you think I would be able to change the allocation if I ask? We booked via a TA.

In the US they often allow you to change to a different stateroom within the same category you are assigned with a guarantee (your TA would have to make the request on your behalf); not sure if this works the same overseas. Nevertheless I think that all the Century suites are pretty similar, so would not do much good. A Sky Suite is a higher category (and are much nicer) so if it is not too much extra to upgrade to a Sky Suite that might be worthwhile.

In the US they often allow you to change to a different stateroom within the same category you are assigned with a guarantee (your TA would have to make the request on your behalf); not sure if this works the same overseas. Nevertheless I think that all the Century suites are pretty similar, so would not do much good. A Sky Suite is a higher category (and are much nicer) so if it is not too much extra to upgrade to a Sky Suite that might be worthwhile.

When I spoke to my TA this morning, they wanted £224 each to upgrade to a Sky Suite (approx $350 per person). Too much.

I will call them tomorrow. After all, if you don't ask, you don't get.

We have just upgraded from a Concierge cabin to a Suite guarantee and I find on the Celebrity check in page that we have been allocated a Century Suite on the aft 1134.

It looks like an end cabin. We are not too keen on aft cabins but never mind.

The big quetion is, do we get a butler with this cabin and the usual suite perks?

We really love the aft cabins. That being said, on Century, the Century Suite is the same size as a Concierge Class Balcony cabin on the M-Class ships. If you can justify the cost difference, you'd probably like the Sky Suite much better.... except for giving up the aft (there are no Century aft Sky Suites). Just my opinion.... & there's a saying I won't quote here about opinions being like certain body parts, etc.:D

We really love the aft cabins. That being said, on Century, the Century Suite is the same size as a Concierge Class Balcony cabin on the M-Class ships. If you can justify the cost difference, you'd probably like the Sky Suite much better.... except for giving up the aft (there are no Century aft Sky Suites). Just my opinion.... & there's a saying I won't quote here about opinions being like certain body parts, etc.:D

Thanks for your reply. Spoke to our TA today but they haven't come back to me yet. Price has gone up again so not looking too good.

Any idea about the privacy of the Century Suites balcony?

Yes, you will receive a butler and the standard suite perks listed on Celebrity's website. It is not really a true suite though in that it is barely larger than a regular stateroom.

On the Century the cabin Stateroom a Concierge Class Stateroom : 175 sq. ft. Veranda: 42 sq. ft

Century Suites have a Stateroom :190 sq. ft. Veranda: 35 sq. ft. but are all aft cabins as I recall, which some people love. Not sure if we would, never had one.

To the OP, Why didn't you care for an aft cabin?

Thanks for your reply. .........Any idea about the privacy of the Century Suites balcony?

You're most welcome... I haven't been in one of the Century suites but have a couple of pictures of the balconies. As I recall from looking down, they are partially covered & partially open. There would be enough privacy for me but can't speak for anyone else. If you drop me an email, I will send a couple of pictures I have: OurMeetAndGreet at Gmail dot com :)

deck 12 has the super large balconys which i did not get to enjoy due to rain.

but they give a great view.

Hi Robin... We've been in a deck 12 Sky Suite on Century that does have a nice large balcony that we loved. The OP is asking about Century Suites which, I believe, are found only on the aft of deck 10 and are smaller than a Sky Suite.

To the OP, Why didn't you care for an aft cabin?

We had an aft verandah on HAL Eurodam.

We couldn't stand the noise of the wash and it was impossible have a conversation whilst sitting out there at sea.

Also, I wasn't comfortable with sailing 'backwards'. Made me feel quite queasy and, in fact, as soon as we left Port Everglades, I had to take to my bed and missed dinner.

I have never had any problems with sea sickness before or since but we did vow never to have an aft again.

Still waiting for a call from the TA. If we can't move away from this cabin to another suite, we have decided to revert back to Concierge.

We were in a Sky Suite on Century and it was not much bigger than an ordinary cabin--same layout, just a little larger. How they call those 'suites' is beyond me. And you are saying this suite is smaller? Quite a stretch IMO.

To me a suite denotes separate rooms, at least one, with specific living and sleeping areas.

We did enjoy the extra large balcony, however. Found the butler to be just a room steward in fancier clothes; I think we asked for a dinner reservation one night and that was it. Oh, and he brought tea, when we happened to be in our room. Full stop.

We were in a Sky Suite on Century and it was not much bigger than an ordinary cabin.... How they call those 'suites' is beyond me.......

I agree that the term "Suite" being used to describe Sky Suites & Century Suites may be a bit misleading, especially to someone not in the know. On the other hand, Celebrity is certainly not the only cruise line doing this. Nice cabins, but not "Suites" IMHO. Both of our favorite cruise lines + a couple we have yet to try (maybe all lines?) offer what I term "cabins" which they call "suites". Just a matter of knowing what you are booking regardless of the label.:rolleyes:

Spoke to TA today and we are stuck with the Century Suite. Celebrity want £220 ($330) each to move to Sky Suite. When I asked whether we could downgrade back to Concierge, I was told that the price of those cabins has gone up and we would have to pay for that too!

If we upgraded to Sky Suite and paid the additional, our cruise will have cost almost £500 ($750) per person more than the current advertised price.

What a rip off!

Archived