Tell me how to enjoy the Suite Life.....

24butterfly

Thanks to all who pushed us to get a Suite--they had 2 left and that's why I was in a hurry. Sounds like you all have had experience with it b/c you all are super-xcited for us!

So, aside from me practicing my Queen's wave (we have a Sky Suite), could you please tell me what you did to enjoy (what did you do/order, etc) your Suite?

I saw some post from X that said something about custom blended bath products?

Thank you!

Thanks to all who pushed us to get a Suite--they had 2 left and that's why I was in a hurry. Sounds like you all have had experience with it b/c you all are super-xcited for us!

So, aside from me practicing my Queen's wave (we have a Sky Suite), could you please tell me what you did to enjoy (what did you do/order, etc) your Suite?

I saw some post from X that said something about custom blended bath products?

Thank you!

I wouldn't get too excited about the "custom blended bath products." They're very nice, but everyone on the ship gets the same ones. You add body wash in Concierge Class and above.

Celebrity has a list of suite perks on its website.

Congratulations. We had our first Sky Suite in December due to an upgrade after final payment and we loved it. After doing tons of research on the boards I learned pretty much what to expect and what we could ask for. The reality of it was very different however. It all depends on who you get for your butler, and how helpful and knowledge he is. There are the things listed on the website such as butler service, fresh fruit and flowers, daily canapies delivered around 4, and breakfast and dinner served in your room or on your balcony. Of course you also get a larger cabin and balcony and a bath tub, which is very nice.

We travel with a large group of friends and we were planning a few evening get togethers before dinner. I asked on the first day for assistance with this, such as some snacks, glasses and ice for our drinks. My butler told me I'd have to call catering and ask for that, that he couldn't do it. I asked if I had to pay for that and he said yes there was a charge. Now, since I had done my research I knew this was not the case. In fact we had always gotten this service even in a regular cabin, as well as our friends. You can order room service free of charge after all. So I explained that we have always done this with no problem. We also asked for an exchange of the canapies for shrimp coctail and cheese and crackers, as we had always done in the past with no problems. Again, he balked at the suggestion. We had friends in the Royal Suite a couple of doors down who had the same butler with the same issues, plus some. I thought maybe our butler was "new" and didn't know what I was talking about. Our friends in the Royal Suite went to customer service and asked if he was being unreasonable in his requests and was told that he definitely was not. Your butler is there to assist you in your needs. After that our butler was much better. It was very nice to have breakfast set up and served out on the balcony. Also, in addition to the daily canapies the butler will bring around a tea cart with sandwiches and cookies. Once he gets to know what you like he will leave them in your cabin if you aren't there which is a really nice touch.

I've read that your butler can get you dining reservations in the specialty restaurants, tours, spa reservations, get your clothes cleaned and pressed, shoes shined, etc. but we werent in need of those services.

Other than those requests, we didn't ask for anything. We didn't need help with packing and unpacking (even that is listed as one of the perks) and we are very self sufficient.

Bottom line is we loved the suite and have it booked again this coming December.

The truly biggest advantage of a Sky Suite is that it is a bigger cabin. That is the key.

Yes, there is a Butler but he is not your manservant. There are perks, as described on the Celebrity website, but the larger cabin on a higher deck is the real deal.

Your Butler can make dinner arrangements for you as well as entertain your other needs. Breakfasts and other meals in your cabin are served slightly "better" than in other cabin classes but then again, is that why you are cruising?

Go ahead, practice the Queens wave LOL. The extra space is the key and without a doubt, you will enjoy it.

The truly biggest advantage of a Sky Suite is that it is a bigger cabin. That is the key.

Yes, there is a Butler but he is not your manservant. There are perks, as described on the Celebrity website, but the larger cabin on a higher deck is the real deal.

Your Butler can make dinner arrangements for you as well as entertain your other needs. Breakfasts and other meals in your cabin are served slightly "better" than in other cabin classes but then again, is that why you are cruising?

Go ahead, practice the Queens wave LOL. The extra space is the key and without a doubt, you will enjoy it.

Could not have said this better myself.

Our only problem: It is next to impossible to go back to a lower stateroom class.

2morecruises.....You are so right...After having sky suites on the last 3 cruises...We booked a last minute Alaska cruise last year on the Infinity with some VIRGIN cruisers, and thought a 7 day cruise will be okay in a cc cabin.......sooo wrong, you definetly get spoiled with the extra space (more so than the Butler)....Guess we know now!!!!:D

I concur - the big advantage with a suite is the extra space and, for us, having a bathtub at sea was another plus.

The butler service can be a bit hit and miss. On Connie 18 months ago we had a few issues with our butler and he was swapped for the Head Butler who took our fairly modest requests in his stride. He is there to make your cruise more enjoyable and we asked for things like espresso, specialty restaurant reservations (at fairly short notice for a specific time) and a bridge tour. If your request is reasonable it shouldn't be a problem.

Having said that. on our last cruise on Silhouette we had a Concierge Class cabin and to be honest we didn't miss the suite. YMMV.

Archived