Questions about the CCL Dune Buggy Adventure

Lady_Jag

I booked the Dune Buggy Adventure in Grand Turk for our upcoming cruise this June. There are 3 of us altogether: my husband, our 6-year-old, and me.

I just noticed in the description, "Climb aboard your customized dune buggy (2 guests per buggy). These buggies are used especially for traveling on the vast sand dunes of the ICA deserts of Peru."

Does that mean that if my daughter rides with my hubby, I will be sharing a buggy with a stranger?

Not that I'm anti-social. I'm just NOT a thrill seeker, and I'm a huge control freak on certain things. If my hubby isn't the other driver, then I prefer to be the sole driver of any vehicle that goes faster than 45mph.

Sitting this one out is not an option. Hubby and my little one really want to do this, and I don't want to miss out, despite my crazy control issues.

So can anyone who done this excursion recently please tell me if it's possible to have a buggy to myself in this case? It's not that big a deal, because I can always put our little one in the buggy with me to guarantee me the driver's seat the entire trip. I just think she'd have more fun if her daddy were driving.

Thanks!

Thanks! I saw that thread, but the pictures I saw posted on the Carnival board look like they've changed/upgraded the vehicles since then to just 2-person vehicles. I guess time will tell. No biggie, though - my daughter seems to want to ride with me anyway. :)

Did this tour just a few weeks ago.

All 6 or 7 vehicles are two seat units only.

Excellent experience and worth the $.

Glad to hear it was a good adventure! Can you please tell me if all the vehicles were full or if anyone was able to do "solo"?

Thanks!

Every vehicle had two adult passengers on our tour.

It appeared on our trip that people booked as a couple such as my wife and myself. I did not see any singles.

Since the number of vehicles is so limited, the tour typically sells out quickly.

Only those people with a paid voucher could board one of the vehicles.

I'm sure they expect two paying customers per buggy.

Lady Jag,

Could you let me know what you think of the excursion as well. My wife and I are on the Freedom probably a few weeks after you and we are booking this excursions, now. Just looking for a heads up on it. Thanks Rich

Will do! It looks like a lot of fun; can't wait to go! :D

Archived