Egg Beaters?

I was read some reviews of the NOS and in one they mentioned egg beater options? I am now really confused as this is not a term I have come across. I am guessing this is a UK v's US thing. So what are egg beater? Are they just whisked (beaten) eggs? are they a certain type of egg? am I asking stupid questions?

Thank you soooo much for asking the question. I have been wondering about this for the longest time too. So, egg beaters are not actually egg?

Egg Beaters ARE eggs. They use only the whites, no yolks. A little coloring makes them yellow. The whole egg contains 5g of fat, 70 calories and a big dose of cholesterol.. The white only, Egg Beaters, still has lots of protein and little to none of the "bad" stuff.

Egg Beaters is a brand specific product. It's not a substite rather it's an alternative. It's an all natural egg white product that has the yolks removed . It's a heart healthy option and can be made into a scambled eggs, omelets and can be used in other food preparations. More cost effective and time efficient to use in food preparation when someone wants only a egg white preparation.

product_original.jpg

sorry i'm confused now?

i think an omellet is whole eggs beaten

Yes an omllete is whole eggs beaten. I think they were trying to say that the option is available in the MDR and omlette station to substitute either plain egg whites or a product similar to Egg Beaters instead of whole eggs if that is what your diet allows.

Ok I get it now. Not a substitute but a dietary alternative. Will give them a try next time. Thanks :D

DH was trying to control his cholesterol the "natural" way without drugs (which ultimately failed). We used to cook with these. They seemed to turn "tough" very easily and while not too bad tasting don't quite taste like the "real" thing with yolks. Of course, now that we have hens and get fresh eggs, nothing commercially produced tastes anything like a home grown egg! Hmm, maybe that is the answer to critics of food in the MDR. The quality hasn't slipped it is just that the food produced commercially has no real flavor! Eat anything out of your garden or anything grown at home and you will wonder why people buy flavorless stuff at the market.:cool:

Egg Beaters is a brand specific product. It's not a substite rather it's an alternative. It's an all natural egg white product that has the yolks removed . It's a heart healthy option and can be made into a scambled eggs, omelets and can be used in other food preparations. More cost effective and time efficient to use in food preparation when someone wants only a egg white preparation.

product_original.jpg

wow cant wait to try these,

maybe have them with a couple of linda Mc Cartney sausages,yum yum...;)

Archived