Equinox 4/6-4/16

teajak

:DGreat cruise,fantastic crew and ship.Not happy with the new menues,the appetizers are heavy, nothing light. The maitre D was very interested in our comments and offered to bring me cold soup each night even brought the chef to our table to discuss our concerns.Great coffee in the DR and oceanview but terrible and weak with room service,again our concerns were addressed by a call from the supervisor.Couldn't ask for more,

The shows were a disappointment,not interested in magicians or jugglers and the lady singer from England was just plain bad (I forget her name)half of the audience walked out when she left the stage for a second costume change.Kelly Broadway jazz group were really fine.

The above concerns were all very minor and I only mention them to show how well the crew responded.

Embarkation and debarkation were a breeze, can't wait to go back again on Dec. 10, booked on board for the discounts and OBC.

Donna the Captains Club hostess was a pleasure.:cool:

teajak,

You bring up a very good point. You have to let someone know if you have a problem with food, service etc before it can be resolved.

And I would also add, please do it with a hopeful attitude and not in a loud demanding way.

Thanks for the review, we're on next month and it's good to know they respond well. We have the premium package; does that mean we can get better coffe with room service?

Cheers,

Jim

I think so but not sure.They explained it to me that because we only ordered coffee and juice it came from the pantry not regular room service.:confused:

Very prompt reply from the manager.

teajak,

You bring up a very good point. You have to let someone know if you have a problem with food, service etc before it can be resolved.

And I would also add, please do it with a hopeful attitude and not in a loud demanding way.

That makes all the difference in this life as well as cruising.;)

The shows were a disappointment,not interested in magicians or jugglers and the lady singer from England was just plain bad (I forget her name)half of the audience walked out when she left the stage for a second costume change.Kelly Broadway jazz group were really fine.

The above concerns were all very minor and I only mention them to show how well the crew responded.

Donna the Captains Club hostess was a pleasure.:cool:

Couldn't agree more about the singer from England... Katie something.....absolutely terrible the first night. A bit better the last night.

I was on the same cruise and will post my own review shortly, but the food in the MD was awful. We gave up after 3 tries and lived on the buffet offerings in the evening.

Entertainment - went to the first show and almost lost our hearing. It wasn't just loud, it was ear splitting loud. We did give the acrobats a try, loud again, but how they bent their bodies (obviously they didn't hit the buffet) was amazing.

Good cruise, but the food was a huge dissapointment, as we traveled with Celebrity before and it was not an issue at all. Well a couple of years ago, anyway.

Crew fantastic, ship beautiful and clean, fellow passengers amazing and fun.

I'm sitting in Cellar Masters on the Equinox as I write this. The show Limelight is tonight, the preview show last night wasn't too loud.

There is no " rap " music in the Martini bar either.

I'm in AQ, but because of the menu I've been eating in the specialty restaurants so far. Tuscan Grill last night, average food. Murano tonight.

The ship is beautiful, and the service is over the top...even better than Infinity.

teajack,

What a co-ink-a-dink: We were on the same cruise, and are going again on 12/10.

Had a wonderful time. Beautiful ship, great crew. Both embarkation and disembarkation was super smooth.

On board before noon, but cabins weren't ready until after 1. Took someone's suggestion here and ate at Bistro on 5. No crowds at all. Getting an elevator from 5, the embarkation deck, to deck 11 was a pain, so we walked down to 4, and rode up from there.

We were in Aqua, so ate only in Blu. The food was good/very good, but nothing exceptional. However, the service and atmosphere were outstanding.

DH & I didn't mind the room service coffee (or any other, for that matter). But I can see if you like stong, Starbuck's-type coffee, you'd be unhappy.

Didn't go to any shows after the first night.

Thought the storage in an AQ cabin was awful. 5 drawers!?! The drawers are not square, and don't really hold much. Someone here has posted about the 10 or 11.5 inch pop-up squares that fit well into the overhead bins. We bought 2 and they helped a LOT.

Didn't know how expensive the laundry service is - BIG mistake. We spent almost $50 to have some underwear laundered. $2.95 for an undershirt? Give me a break.

See you in December!

We were also on the 4-6 sailing of the Equinox. We found the MDR to be very good. We noticed no drop-off in quality from our previous sailings on the Constellation and Millennium. We also thought the storage in the cabin to be adequate - big closet, five drawers, two big storage areas over the bed, and our cabin had a large basket under the bed for additional storage. We don't pack light - 3 suitcases! We did have one complaint, the water in the bathroom never got cold so we had to brush our teeth with lukewarm water.

Agree that the Lady Singer was poor.

We had problems with Future Bookings Dept. - Had to get problems corrected today after arriving home yesterday. Celebrity was very nice to work with via phone.

We enjoyed the cruise.

Agree that the Lady Singer was poor.

We had problems with Future Bookings Dept. - Had to get problems corrected today after arriving home yesterday. Celebrity was very nice to work with via phone.

We enjoyed the cruise.

By any chance did they charge the deposit twice? I noticed two $200 charges on my credit card today, and I think they charged $200 for the open booking, then another $200 for the actual deposit on our next cruise. I imagine it will be rather easy to fix....

Out of curiosity was the female singer an impersonator? Dusty Springfield, Cher....

We saw her on Silhouette, she was pretty good when we saw her. Maybe she was having an off night.

No, she was called an impressionist.I have seen a woman singer impersonater on Celebrity and she was very good, I was hopeing this was the same one but she sure wasn't.This one was very English.

By any chance did they charge the deposit twice? I noticed two $200 charges on my credit card today, and I think they charged $200 for the open booking, then another $200 for the actual deposit on our next cruise. I imagine it will be rather easy to fix....

No problem with the deposits.

You pay a deposit for future cruise booking and also have to pay a deposit for Open Booking Cert. - sounds like you were not overcharged. If in doubt, call Celebrity.

We had a great cruise on the Equinox. This was our second visit with them in a short period of time. The MDR was a dissapointment to me when it came to the steaks more than once I will say. They were just not up to par for Celebrity. We did enjoy the other speciality choices very much. We had a lot of fun in the Silk and Bistro on Five this time. The chef in the MDR did come to our table more than usual and had great interest in any problems we had. All problems were very taken care of I feel. The band by the pool and in the atrium every evening were great. We also had enjoyed them at Christmas on the Connie.The other entertainment was a mixed bag. I agree the singer from England was beyond bad and we saw many many people get up and leave very early on.The couple who performed the Celtic show I thought were just great. The comedy was a bit on the edgy side but I admit as a middle aged woman I could not stop laughing at everything she said. All in all, a wonderful cruise, good weather, good crew, nice shipmates. We should all just be thankful we were able to go!! Till we sail again!

Luvstosail

Boston Ma

I'm sitting in Cellar Masters on the Equinox as I write this. The show Limelight is tonight, the preview show last night wasn't too loud.

There is no " rap " music in the Martini bar either.

I'm in AQ, but because of the menu I've been eating in the specialty restaurants so far. Tuscan Grill last night, average food. Murano tonight.

The ship is beautiful, and the service is over the top...even better than Infinity.

I'm curious. What do you mean about the menu in Blu? Has it changed? We have enjoyed the food there on 2 precious cruises.

Archived