Perks for celebrating special occasions on board?

Katagd

My husband and I are celebrating our 1 year anniversary next Thursday on the Holiday. We booked with Travelocity and they asked if we were celebrating and we told them about our anniversary. This is our first cruise so we didn't know why they asked that. Do they do something special for anniversaries/weddings/honeymoons? Maybe room upgrade, announcement, drinks, anything? Let me know your experiences and if you have seen anything on your past cruises.

Your TA might do something... but Carnival doesn't do anything special. They sell cakes, flowers, etc that you can order ahead of time for a celebration... you might want to check out their site and look under "gifts"... Have a great cruise and anniversary!

Room upgrade? Not a chance.

The only "gifts" you will get are if your TA sends you anything, and being Travelocity I doubt that will happen. You can order a cake for about $7 to have delivered to you at dinner.

We celebrated our 1st anniversary aboard the Conquest. We had told our TA it was our anniversary but did not pay for anything extra. What Carnival does is they take one of the desserts in the dining room, put a candle on it, bring it out to you, and sing "Happy Anniversary".

So in short, you pretty much don't get anything you don't pay for yourself.

About two years or so ago, Carnival quit giving comp b'day and anniv. cakes at dinner. But, the waiters will still sing "Hoppy Burfday Two Shoes" and "Hoppy Annobursy".:D

I don't know why they keep asking about special occasions when you book the cruise, since they don't do anything anymore. Except - if you mention it, your waiter will bring the slice of cake w/candle - and they'll sing. (Or try to, bless their hearts.);)

Well last year on the Conquest we got a free cake and song at our table. This year, well we got squat.... So my hubby went to the pursers desk and asked them about it. That night we got a cheap bottle of champagne delivered to the room. I dont drink it, so we still have it, now sitting on our bar at home...........lol

Dont expect much from the cruise line!

Dont expect much from the cruise line!

Why should you expect *anything* ? :confused: It's not as if it were advertised and they didn't follow through.

Sadly, it's all about "gimme gimme gimme" anymore. :mad:

We booked with a CC group cruise, so you probably know which online TA is used. The TA asked if we were celebrating anything so we told him our 25th anniversary and he told us that the celebration would be the first formal night. I don't know what this means and didn't want to seem ungrateful so I didn't ask. At the same time, I don't want to end up with a cake charge on MY bill!!

Why should you expect *anything* ? :confused: It's not as if it were advertised and they didn't follow through.

Sadly, it's all about "gimme gimme gimme" anymore. :mad:

BUT, Tef... Until the booking agents stop asking about special occasions, folks will keep thinking there's something special in store, y'know? (Then again, when folks like 'gwe21' DO get something, they still complain?):rolleyes:

I agree.. I wish they would just stop asking.. it makes no sense to ask, and people would naturally think they are asking for a reason.. and then nothing. If they would stop asking, most people would stop expecting anything.. Next time they ask me, I'm going to say "WHY????????? Why do you need this information? What are you going to do with it"??? We'll see what they say :rolleyes:

Archived