Help!!!!

exercisemama

Married couple in mid 40's looking to either book Celebruty Summit or RCL AOS???? IS it worth the AQ on Celebrity over the entertainment on RCL?? I've read some reviews that Summit is boring at night. Any opinions on this from past cruisers?? Is RCL worth the extra cost???

Please help!!

I've been on both. It depends on your likes. If you are in to active nightlife, the AOS is far superior. The 2 story dance club goes until very, very late. Plus, there is live music in the Viking Crown Lounge (all the way up top) and the English pub on the Royal Promenade. They will also do at least 2 late night pool deck parties, one of which is adults only.

The Summit is better if you are looking for quieter, more romantic evenings. There is a dedicated martini bar with frozen bar surface and more specialty dining options.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I am not sure what to do! Wow you have been on a lot of cruises!!!

I don't want to spend the money for a cruise and then be bored. Not sure if that would happen on the Summit or not. I can get a really good price for an AQ room, but probably wouldn't eat at Blue everynight. Does the Summit have live music playing at night? How are the shows???

I don't want to spend the money for a cruise and then be bored. Not sure if that would happen on the Summit or not. I can get a really good price for an AQ room, but probably wouldn't eat at Blue everynight. Does the Summit have live music playing at night? How are the shows???

I don't think you could be bored on any cruiseline. Sure, some offer more than others when it comes to entertainment, but I'm sure you'll find the right mix if you do your research. For me, food would be up there with itinerary and then entertainment.

DH and I did Celebrity Constellation (Summit's sister) for our 20th wedding anniversary. We splurged and got a suite and felt spoiled and pampered the whole cruise. We had an active CC group and our dinner mates were so much fun, it seemed like we were closing down the ship around midnight - 1AM most nights/mornings. I loved the more laid back atmosphere.

We took our kids on the AOS 2 years ago. Again we had a lot of fun, but it wasn't as relaxing as the Connie. There were announcements for bingo and the art auction and countless other things all day long - something I didn't remember from the Connie. There are a lot of things to do and I felt like I needed to see/do them all (never did get to go rock climbing or ice skating).

Since I think you are looking at the Southern Caribbean itinerary, think about how many ports you will be stopping at and what excursions you may take in those ports. We were a little more active on our excursions on the AOS than we were on Connie - so that may have contributed to my feeling of not being as relaxed. If we were to do the Southern again (and we will), I would probably combine the active excursions with the relaxed atmosphere of Celebrity. Oh who am I kidding - I'd probably just choose Celebrity because I really did feel like they treated us like celebrities! We're going on the Millie (sister to Summit and Connie) in Alaska next summer. I hope the kids will find it as much fun as the AOS - they'll be 13 & 17 so who knows with teenage boys!:)

I really don't think you'll be bored on Summit. There is a live band that plays in one of the lounges. They have been excellent on all my Celebrity crusies. They're almost always fronted by an Asian woman with a phenomenal voice.

They also do karaoke. I don't hink it was nightly, but was on most nights.

There is a acapella (sp?) group that wanders and sings at different times and places.

On at least one night, they'll do a late night pool party with the band playing and on another night, the band will be in the lounge all the way up top and forward....I think it was called Bar at the Edge of the Earth on Summit, although it may have just had its name changed.

Let's put it this way. DW and I are in our 30s. We were never bored, but then again, we are not late, late nighters. We usually turn in around midnight.

If the itinerary is more attractive on Summit, go for it.

Archived