Same cabin for b2b guarantee?

makentake

We are thinking of booking the Eurodam last minute for 5/11 cruise. We would then book the cruise right after that. In order save some $s I will take a chance and book a balcony guarantee for both cruises (even though I am a little nervous about getting a solid railing balcony). Has anyone had experienced with b2b and guarantee cabins? Would we have to pack up our belongings and leave the ship only to turn around and get back on the ship the same day?

We are thinking of booking the Eurodam last minute for 5/11 cruise. We would then book the cruise right after that. In order save some $s I will take a chance and book a balcony guarantee for both cruises (even though I am a little nervous about getting a solid railing balcony). Has anyone had experienced with b2b and guarantee cabins? Would we have to pack up our belongings and leave the ship only to turn around and get back on the ship the same day?

Yes, we have done this several times. Be sure that your travel agent has both cruises linked so that when cabins are assigned HAL will make every effort to keep you in the same cabin.

If you are not able to have the same cabin for the second cruise, staff will assist you moving to your new cabin. It is not necessary to pack everything up, they will move your things on hangers, in the drawers, etc. It is very, very easy to do this. You may have to leave the ship so that the ship can be totally cleared to begin the new voyage--this depends what emabarkation port this is, however, you would only need to take your passport, etc. Your belongings will remain on the ship. If you decide to get off the ship for the day, the staff will move all of your things to the new cabin. The Front Office will provide you with all of the info that you need.

You will have to leave the ship, go into the terminal and clear Immigration on turn around day. The ship has to zero down meaning all who are leaving have done so before you can reboard. We are usually only ashore about 30-40 minutes or so until they permit us to reboard. We wait until the last of the disembarkation numbers/colors are being called and then go so that cuts our wait time.

If you do not have the same cabin for your second segment, the stewards will help you move. They'll bring a rolling rack for all your hanging clothes and the drawers are interchangable, one cabin to the other. It's an easy move and all you have to pack is whatever things you may have on your countertop and in your bathroom.

** All of the above applies to U.S. port. If your turnaround day is not in a U.S. port, you do not have to do the 'zero down' thing. I saw you mentioned 5/11 date but I don't know when Eurodam is leaving the Caribbean for Europe and don't feel like going to the HAL site to check. :)

Since your cruise is May 11 and you are booking late -- you might get lucky and get the same cabin.

HAL does try to book people on back-to-back cruises in the same cabin.

Are you booking the 2 cruises as a Collector's cruise? It is offered that way. Your TA will be able to tell you if there is availabilty for the Collector's cruise.

Being as your turn-around day is in Amsterdam -- you should not have to go through immigration.

In all likelyhood you will not have to leave the ship on turnaround day, yada, yada, yada.... You will be in Europe and not have to clear Immigration, have the ship "zero out" and all the other garbage mentioned above. We've done three in a row in Europe and we certainly weren't alone staying on board during turn around days. We've also boarded to see RuthC's smiling face waiting for us because she was on the previous cruise and continuing on with us.

We know someone who did 5 in a row on a guarantee. They didn't get their cabin assignment until they were on their way to the port, but HAL did an excellent job, assigning them to the same cabin for all 5 cruises.

Good luck

In all likelyhood you will not have to leave the ship on turnaround day, yada, yada, yada.... You will be in Europe and not have to clear Immigration, have the ship "zero out" and all the other garbage mentioned above. We've done three in a row in Europe and we certainly weren't alone staying on board during turn around days. We've also boarded to see RuthC's smiling face waiting for us because she was on the previous cruise and continuing on with us.

We know someone who did 5 in a row on a guarantee. They didn't get their cabin assignment until they were on their way to the port, but HAL did an excellent job, assigning them to the same cabin for all 5 cruises.

Good luck

I certainly hope this happens to us on our cruise as we booked 2 separate segments, hate thinking of changing staterooms.............. especially about missing out doing a shore excursion in Barcelona as we would be changing rooms. Can only hope our TA will take care of things while we are in transit or before the cruise. We have never done a b2b or 2 different segements before so we are a bit nervous about it.

Because this is in Europe, you probably will not have to leave the Ship. Make sure your TA or Hal knows you are staying on for back to back cruise and if possible you want the same cabin.

Archived