What restaurant with a view in Amalfi?

DonRobertoSanJuan

I saw an earlier thread naming a restaurant for lunch in the Positano, Amalfi area, but cannot find the posting. What would be a nice restaurant in the area with outdoor seating and a great view?

The restaurant in Positano that many folks like is Trattoria La Tagliata.

Here is a link to a thread that you may find helpful:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1606401

We will never forget the lunch we had here, October 31, 2011. The views and the food were"to die for". Mama kept cooking and sending things out from the kitchen and we kept eating them as fast as she could send them. By the time the meat course came out, we were stuffed. Think it was about US 25 pp but maybe 25 Euro, cant be sure.

Yes, super loved this place last June. Below are some of my pictures to document and prove why it's so wonderful, scenic and interesting.

Here is more background on La Tagliata. It is built on three terraces with great views of Positano and its dramatic coastline. Overlooking organic vegetable gardens and vineyards, these super fresh items are grown and used in the restaurant’s kitchen. This local wine is produced without any chemicals and has a special taste that highlights this part of the visit to Italy, the world’s largest wine producer. La Tagliata is operated by Dora and Don Luigi. They serve handmade pasta made by Signora Dora, with her son Vincenzo working along side her in the kitchen. Two other children, Peppino and Antonietta, serve tables and greet guests with warm, friendly, family hospitality.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 73,417 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Overlooking Positano from a high-point in the mountains along the Amalfi Coast, this is the view as we dined, family-style for lunch, at La Tagliata. The views here were super and the sun came out in strong force as we enjoyed our three-course lunch with local wine and drinks. Their website is http://www.latagliata.com. Here is an overall view for one of the dining areas with its great vista, then Dora Luigi giving our guide-driver Carmine a big hug, a sampling of the many desserts served to our table and a better angle on the view from where we dined.:

AmalfiDiningView2.jpg

AmalfiChefCarmineHug.jpg

PositanoDessertOptions.jpg

PositanoDiningViewTrees.jpg

ahhh.....la tagliata..............fabulous food and views!!

DITTO! However, I don't recall there being outdoor seating. There are huge windows and the view is to die for, especially from the ladies' room window. DH couldn't resist going in there to take a few pictures. The ride up to the restaurant was a thrilling experience too.

We stopped there on our tour with Rome in Limo, although I was the one who requested that we do so. I had the driver call in the morning for a lunch reservation for 8 of us. There were some other large parties there also.Most of the tour guides know where it is. It is not a touristy place at all, although many of the guides take their parties there.

How do you get up there? Sherry

Yes, Sherry, as noted, you need someone to drive you UP, UP to get there. That's why a private tour like we did with RomeInLimo worked so well. Below is a visual as we were going up the steep and twisting road to get there. Lots of fun going up there, seeing the dramatic views, etc. No way can you walk up.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 73,680 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Driving up from Positano to our dining place, this was one of the many great views of this charming town, its buildings and the water.:

PositanoDrivingUpMtn.jpg

DITTO! However, I don't recall there being outdoor seating. There are huge windows and the view is to die for, especially from the ladies' room window. DH couldn't resist going in there to take a few pictures. The ride up to the restaurant was a thrilling experience too.

You may have gone to da Costantino, big windows, no outside seating. It is my favorite restaurant in the world! :)

1035428886_Naples-Rome-Tuscany056.jpg.31d095f0e6442c30c7cdc3c2e173e694.jpg

730076469_Naples-Rome-Tuscany072.jpg.cea3efe11ea2a8d34e8ba4e5a69a300a.jpg

You may have gone to da Costantino, big windows, no outside seating. It is my favorite restaurant in the world! :)

been to da constantino also.........great food, especially remember the sardines.

mom and pop cooking all the way........wonderful!

I am so glad to hear you both liked da Costantino. I have sent an email to them requesting if they have a "family style" lunch for my group of 8 during our day long tour of Amalfi cost. I have heard several people mention la tagliata and that it is usually a 2 hour or more lunch. I don't want to spend that much of our precious time just eating. Do either of you know if da Costantino has a set meal we could have our tour guide arrange the day before so we don't loose any precious time?

Mrs007........

We had the pre-set lunch at La Tagliata and we were there for about 1 1/2 hours. I'll tell you............that was probably one of the best 1 1/2 hours on the entire cruise. The view, food and ambience was spectacular that I wish it could have lasted forever....don't rush yourself.

Mrs007........

We had the pre-set lunch at La Tagliata and we were there for about 1 1/2 hours. I'll tell you............that was probably one of the best 1 1/2 hours on the entire cruise. The view, food and ambience was spectacular that I wish it could have lasted forever....don't rush yourself.

Thank you for your response. We will be docking in Naples, not Sorrento, so that drive will take part of our time both ways. Thus not wanting an overly long, but still enjoyable lunch. Plus, we will be there in December and I'm not sure the temps will be as enjoyable to sit outside.

I will keep La Tagliata on my backup plan ;)

We will never forget the lunch we had here, October 31, 2011. The views and the food were"to die for". Mama kept cooking and sending things out from the kitchen and we kept eating them as fast as she could send them. By the time the meat course came out, we were stuffed. Think it was about US 25 pp but maybe 25 Euro, cant be sure.

We will also stop here in October. Should we make reservations now? Do they ever book up? We have a party of 8.

How was the weather up there. Will we be able to eat outdoors? All infor is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

We will also stop here in October. Should we make reservations now? Do they ever book up? We have a party of 8. How was the weather up there. Will we be able to eat outdoors? All infor is appreciated. Thanks in advance

As my earlier pictures showed, we had great weather there when we visited last June. October still should be fairly decent there.

It's a pretty large and roomy place with a number of different areas for seating. In October, things should not be that busy as the "peak" of the season will have passed. BUT, it should not hurt to send them an e-mail from off of their website to make a reservation.

Our experience there was super wonderful. Below is one of my pictures showing the BIG smiles on the faces of those in our party. Did people look happy?

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 75,176 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

AmalfiDineViewTable.jpg

LOVE all these reviews for LaTagliana! Does anyone know the price range of this restraunt? We are thinking of going here in october, how will the weather be? thanks in advance, megan

As I re-call, Megan, the number twenty five sticks in my mind. I think that was 25 euro. In October, especially earlier, it should be good weather. As you get later in that month, things start, maybe to get a little more iffy.

Great location, food, people and views.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 75,361 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Archived