Wine/Soda carry on question

cruzinlisa

DH and I are planning on bringing a twelve pack of sodas, a few waters and two bottles of wine (1 each). I have heard a couple people say they put these in their carryon bags. A couple of questions:

1. Do you wrap the wine to keep it from breaking? If so, are they going to unwrap it to inspect it.

2. Can we put both bottles of wine in one carryon?

3. Are they going to open up the bag and go through everything?

The reason I ask is because dd is in diapers. My method of packing diapers without taking up too much space is to put some in the pouches and pockets of all bags, including this one. However, if they are taking out everything, I don't want to deal with taking out diapers out of every pocket, pouch and on top of everything.

If it makes a difference in the answers, I am going on Conquest, out of NOLA.

Also, does anyone have a good packing list. Started working on ours and I feel like I am taking my house. I guess that is what its like traveling with a baby since most of the crap on my list is her stuff (bibs, sippy cups, meds, diapers, wipes)...

Thanks in advance.

You do have to put the wine in a carry on. It can not be checked. We have a small rolling bag that we put our soda and wine in. They will put it through the xray machine. When we cruised out of Miami earlier this month they did check the bag. They opened it and took the wine and 12 packs of soda out and looked at them to make sure they were sealed and unopened. I usually wrap our bottles of wine (one for each of us) in our beach towels that I usually bring along.

We bought ours after the flight, so we didn't bother wrapping it. Whether they'll unwrap it is hit or miss.

You can have both bottles in one carry on as long as you are together.

They normally don't open bags and pull everything out unless they see something.

My packing list probably wouldn't help too much - I pack entirely carry on and can't take my stepkids cruising. If you want it, I'll post it.

We bought ours after the flight, so we didn't bother wrapping it. Whether they'll unwrap it is hit or miss.

You can have both bottles in one carry on as long as you are together.

They normally don't open bags and pull everything out unless they see something.

My packing list probably wouldn't help too much - I pack entirely carry on and can't take my stepkids cruising. If you want it, I'll post it.

Where did you guys purchase the bottles after your flight? We would like to purchase water and soda on the way to the pier.

Where did you guys purchase the bottles after your flight? We would like to purchase water and soda on the way to the pier.

We went to a grocery store in Miami. If you take a taxi, just ask your driver.

Strange question.......Can you bring Wine COOLERS?

I would imagine if so, then you would only get to bring one per adult. But Boones Farm or Arbor Mist are pretty close to wine coolers in taste, atleast to me anyway. I am not much of a wine expert. :D

Archived