Best places to eat in Galveston

stepha06

My favorite places in Galveston in no particular order are:

Fish Tales

The Spot

Casey's (not as expensive as Gaidos)

On Saturday if there is a ship at the pier I go and sit outside around 3:30 to watch sailaway at:

Willie G's

Fisherman's Warf at Pier 23

Get some shrimp kisses......they are an island specialty and very yummy.....it's a butterflied shrimp wrapped around pepperjack cheese, wrapped in bacon and fried until crispy and gooey.........

Good spot for ship watching is the Olympia Grill, right near the Harbor House. Wonderful Greek food and other types of food.

If you venture off the seawall, try The Saltwater Grill on Postoffice across from the Grand Opera House. It's a bit pricey, but the food is incredible.

Have fun! When you're on the Seawall, walk down to Murdoch's. It's a blue building on the beach side, with a big porch in the back. They sell beer/soft drinks and you can sit on the porch on rocking chairs and enjoy the view.

I've heard The Spot is wonderful, we haven't had a chance to try it ourselves just yet though.

Miller's is good too as someone mentioned, Also Gaido's. Joe's Crab Shack & Fisherman's Wharf are yummy too, although a little more expensive.

Marios has EXCELLENT Italian food! my brother and i were going to eat cheap (subway) but the front desk woman at the hotel told us about this place. we ended up also having desert which was HUGE. i had the stuffed shells and my brother had lasagna. we are both picky but LOVED this place. If we sail out of galveston again i'll be staying at the same hotel and going back to marios.

Marios has EXCELLENT Italian food! .... we are both picky but LOVED this place.... If we sail out of galveston again i'll be staying at the same hotel and going back to marios.

I concur! Mario's for the win!

I live local and everyone suggested great places except Millers. The service is terrible and the food has gone way down hill. I used to love that place now I avoid it! I love The Original Mexican Cafe and The Spot. Also Caseys is good too as it is owned by Guidos and they know there seafood.

Original Mexican Cafe is wonderful! They also serve breakfast. If you want some great seafood drive your car on to the ferry and head over to the Bolivar Peninsula. It's a 15 minute ride. Bring some bread to feed the seagulls. They will take it out of your hand. Just remember to feed them from the back of the ferry. You should see some dolphins as well. Once on Bolivar take the one and only Hwy about 9 miles to Stingaree Restaurant. It's on the bayside and you can dine looking over the Intracoastal Canal. Wonderful seafood!!!!! Much better than any seafood I have had in Galveston.

Pam

My faves (in no particular order)

Casey's - seafood

The Spot - seafood

The Original Mexican Cafe - obviously Mexican

Fish Tales - seafood

DiBella's - Italian (burned down a couple of years ago; they just re-built). Family owned, family style Italian - SUPERB!

The Cajun Greek - small place, no view; but excellent food for lunch!

Brickhouse - new location on Seawall. Chain restaurant; but their deviled eggs are the BOMB!

Try the Original Mexican Cafe on 14th street...:)

Totally agree with The Original. Also try Fisherman's Wharf - it is right next to the tall ship Elissa.

Depending on your sail date, you might be able to enjoy the new Pleasure Pier. It is being built where the old Flagship Hotel was. It will have rides and a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Should be open in a couple of months.

Best place in Galveston for a drink? Outside on the deck at Shrimp Tales.

Don't forget to order Shrimp Kisses! :D

If you feel really adventurous - try a trip to the Kemah Boardwalk. Ask to sit outside at the Aquarium restaurant especially on Thursday nights in the summer - it is Rock The Dock! The bands are really good, the wine is served in huge glasses and some of the best appetizers evah!

I only live a few miles from both Kemah and Galveston! ;)

Welcome to the Texas Gulf Coast!

Why not ask on the Gulf Coast Departures Forum?

Honestly didn't know there was one of those....

I am pretty new to these boards.

It's OK...I guess it is human nature to post on the first forum that looks appropriate before exploring and researching other forums that might be available. It is just like when people go onto the Lido Deck at lunch time on embarkation day and get in the first line they see to get food instead of walking around the entire area to peruse and see what all of the options are. ;)

Archived