Pre-Cruise Hotel and Other Questions

kcam213

3 anecdotes doesn't prove a generalization. WDW is a community of about 250,000 people. How does it compare to a city of a similar size?

That's my point. It is like a city, as are the cruise ships. There are good people and unfortunately there are bad people, and just because you are on a Disney cruise, it doesn't mean that everyone around you and your kids is guaranteed to be a good person. It's foolish to think that the child you won't allow to walk two doors away at home to play with their friend is safe walking around a cruise ship alone, yet people do.

OMG:eek::eek::eek:

Maybe they should have a rule, Families only :confused:

Adults unless accompanied by children, will be banned :D

Or maybe they should just not allow kids who aren't accompanied by their parents--seems like the more logical and responsible thing to do.

Or maybe they should just not allow kids who aren't accompanied by their parents--seems like the more logical and responsible thing to do.

I do not believe any parents would send unaccompanied kids. If you mean kids with grand parents or uncle and aunts are banned then its a violation of human rights.

I do not believe any parents would send unaccompanied kids. If you mean kids with grand parents or uncle and aunts are banned then its a violation of human rights.

You obviously haven't been on a cruise or to Disney World. Kids are all over the place with the parents or adult guardians no where in sight. Those same adults who would never dream of allowing their kids to roam at will around a city.

• 1 month later...
We are also staying at the Hyatt MCO in July for our cruise on the Fantasy. I didn't know we could check in for the cruise, get cards, photos, etc. Where did find this information? I would love to read up what they offer. Thanks! :)

Hi--did you ever get this info? I would love it as well!

Hi--did you ever get this info? I would love it as well!

Yes, you can check in for the cruise at the airport IF you are using DCL transport ... if you fly in the day of the cruise and use DCL transport - you just check in right then and there ...

If you stay at the Hyatt MCO pre-cruise and use DCL transport one of the perks if that on the morning of the cruise, you just walk out of your room, leave your luggage there, walk down to Disney transport in the airport - check in for your cruise and get your boarding # and kttw cards.

Your luggage will be picked up from your hotel room and taken to the ship. The next time you see it will be in your stateroom.

Of course you want to make sure to keep your carry on luggage (change of clothes / alcohol etc) with you to board the bus. When you get to port - all you have to do is go through security and then wait for your boarding # to call - no check in lines since you already checked in at the dcl transport desk in the airport.

To take advantage of this you must 1) make sure you have dcl transport booked and 2) tell the person checking you in at the Hyatt that you are leaving on a Disney cruise the next day and using DCL transport - they will give you an instruction sheet :)

We just got back from our Fantasy cruise. We spent the night before the cruise at the MCO Hyatt. It was a wonderful experience and we will definitely do it again if we ever cruise out of Port Canaveral again!

We arrived late on our flight but walked through the airport to the hotel. It was so close, which was really appreciated with tired kids! We checked in quickly and found our room, which had a balcony overlooking the inside of the airport terminal - a neat view!

When we checked in we told them that we were going on a Disney cruise and they put our names on a special list, and gave us an information sheet on where to go to get the Magical Express.

In the morning we checked out. Turns out I didn't need to go to the front desk to do this, but since I did, they showed me the list with all of the cruise people, pointing out that our name was on it. We had left our bags in our room with the DCL tags, so I was a little nervous, but I felt better after seeing our name and room number on the pickup list.

It was a short walk through the terminal to the ME desk, and we checked in quickly, getting on the first bus. Then we were ale to go upstairs to the food court to grab breakfast before going back downstairs to wait for the bus itself. When the bus came everyone scrambled to get in a line. The first few people at the front of the line got Group 2 boarding cards and the rest of us got Group 3.

We arrived at Port Canaveral and it was fairly empty. We had a chance to walk around, register for the children's activities and relax a bit. Boarding was announced shortly thereafter. Groups 1 and 2 are very small, and when Group 3 came we were right at the front. We were literally on the ship before 11:30 am. Not bad! We were right in line when the Aquaduck opened at noon. Everyone got to ride multiple times. Then we had a late lunch at Enchanted Garden and just as we were finishing the rooms were opened.

When we got to our rooms my DD's suitcase was already there. The other 3 were delivered over the next couple of hours. They all came before lifeboat drill.

Overall, I was very pleased with my MCO Hyatt/ME experience!

Yes, you can check in for the cruise at the airport IF you are using DCL transport ... if you fly in the day of the cruise and use DCL transport - you just check in right then and there ...

If you stay at the Hyatt MCO pre-cruise and use DCL transport one of the perks if that on the morning of the cruise, you just walk out of your room, leave your luggage there, walk down to Disney transport in the airport - check in for your cruise and get your boarding # and kttw cards.

Your luggage will be picked up from your hotel room and taken to the ship. The next time you see it will be in your stateroom.

Of course you want to make sure to keep your carry on luggage (change of clothes / alcohol etc) with you to board the bus. When you get to port - all you have to do is go through security and then wait for your boarding # to call - no check in lines since you already checked in at the dcl transport desk in the airport.

To take advantage of this you must 1) make sure you have dcl transport booked and 2) tell the person checking you in at the Hyatt that you are leaving on a Disney cruise the next day and using DCL transport - they will give you an instruction sheet :)

sounds great! Thanks!

Archived