Combining OBC with Stock OBC

rowval

Celebrity has a special where you can combine OBC from Celebrity with the Celebrity Passages, on the new cruises for 2013/2014 does anyone know if you can combine with the OBC from having 100 Stock? We have 2 passages & looking at booking 3 cruises. Thanks

The passages OBC will not combine with the stock benefit. If you book within the two month window for next year, you qualify for an OBC that will combine with passages. Nothing has been said about combining that OBC with the shareholder benefit. And the limit is one combination so you will not be able to use a shareholder benefit and a passages benefit aanyway.

I was told you could combine the Captain's Club credit that expires on May 18 with the stock credit

I was told when I booked with Celebrity direct that I could combine the Captain's Club early booking OBC with the stockholders credit, then I read somewhere on cruise critic that you could not, so I called the Captain's Club. They told me that you could combine the early booking/new sailings OBC with other Celebrity OBC except the stockholder OBC. That was the only exception.

I was told when I booked with Celebrity direct that I could combine the Captain's Club early booking OBC with the stockholders credit, then I read somewhere on cruise critic that you could not, so I called the Captain's Club. They told me that you could combine the early booking/new sailings OBC with other Celebrity OBC except the stockholder OBC. That was the only exception.

They gave you erroneous information. It MAY be combined with shareholder OBC (unless you are already combining it with something else). The Captains Club early booking OBC may be combined with one other offer - so you can choose Shareholder OBC, Open Passages OBC etc.

They gave you erroneous information. It MAY be combined with shareholder OBC (unless you are already combining it with something else). The Captains Club early booking OBC may be combined with one other offer - so you can choose Shareholder OBC, Open Passages OBC etc.

I'll call again, but the person was very emphatic that it could be combined with any other EXCEPT the shareholder. I hope she is wrong, because that would be an extra $250 on top of my shareholder $250 + what I'm getting from my TA.

Thank you for clearing this up,

OK, I called and got a different answer this time. :confused: Yes, shareholder OBC can be combined with the new booking OBC. This time she read it to me from a memo in front of her. :D

Thanks for helping clear that up. I am now a happy camper (cruiser). :)

OK, I called and got a different answer this time. :confused: Yes, shareholder OBC can be combined with the new booking OBC. This time she read it to me from a memo in front of her. :D

Thanks for helping clear that up. I am now a happy camper (cruiser). :)

Happy to help; glad it worked out for you. :)

We just got from our cruise on the Eclipse. I had sent in my shareholder information and was emailed the confirmation that we would receive the OBC. Once we were on board they did not honor the shareholder credit. It went all the way to Miami with all the correspondence while we were on board.

I think Celebrity needs to figure out when you do and do not receive this credit and make sure everyone knows what the rules are. It was very annoying and makes the company look bad. :mad:

We just got from our cruise on the Eclipse. I had sent in my shareholder information and was emailed the confirmation that we would receive the OBC. Once we were on board they did not honor the shareholder credit. It went all the way to Miami with all the correspondence while we were on board.

I think Celebrity needs to figure out when you do and do not receive this credit and make sure everyone knows what the rules are. It was very annoying and makes the company look bad. :mad:

I faxed in my OBC letter/proof of ownership of shares for a 27 May Summit cruise last month. Today, I asked my TA if that OBC was on my reservation since I can't talk with Celebrity direct. He told me no, so I sent it to him today and he said he would make sure Celebrity has it.

I guess you need to follow up and/or get confirmation from Celebrity.

I faxed in my OBC letter/proof of ownership of shares for a 27 May Summit cruise last month. Today, I asked my TA if that OBC was on my reservation since I can't talk with Celebrity direct. He told me no, so I sent it to him today and he said he would make sure Celebrity has it.

I guess you need to follow up and/or get confirmation from Celebrity.

Did all of the above. They still didn't honor it even. I never heard why not, we still own lots of stock and did not have any other OBC from Celebrity.

Did all of the above. They still didn't honor it even. I never heard why not, we still own lots of stock and did not have any other OBC from Celebrity.

Did you book through a travel agent that had a discounted rate? If so, it would not be combinable.

I had an OBC from the TA but the cruise line had that information when it said that I qualified for the OBC. My email wasn’t a verification that the request was received it was the emailing stating the booking qualified for the OBC. If I didn’t qualify I would have been okay with that. What I am not okay with is a written verification notice stating that I did qualify and that it would be reflected on my account and then not honoring that. Don’t tell me yes, in writing, and then not give the OBC.

I just think it is bad business. If the office can’t tell which bookings qualify they should not offer the OBC or send written correspondence stating that the booking qualifies.

I had an OBC from the TA but the cruise line had that information when it said that I qualified for the OBC. My email wasn’t a verification that the request was received it was the emailing stating the booking qualified for the OBC. If I didn’t qualify I would have been okay with that. What I am not okay with is a written verification notice stating that I did qualify and that it would be reflected on my account and then not honoring that. Don’t tell me yes, in writing, and then not give the OBC.

I just think it is bad business. If the office can’t tell which bookings qualify they should not offer the OBC or send written correspondence stating that the booking qualifies.

Did you ever get the reason, why you did not receive the OBC for being a shareholder? If I were you, I would write Miami.

Did you ever get the reason, why you did not receive the OBC for being a shareholder? If I were you, I would write Miami.

The very helpful staff at the guest services desk went back and forth with Miami for us. It just got to be a hassle. By the end of the cruise we only had $50 in charges, so it just wasn’t worth any more trouble.

I just hope people don't buy the stock for the credit or bank on it. If you end up getting it consider it lagniappe.

We bought the stock just for the OBC, I know I know we shouldnt of done that, We had no problem getting ours in nov/dec for our B2b cruises, I took my email with me with all of the info.

I was going to book 2 cruises today oct 13 from Hawaii to Sydney & then the next cruise. We have 2 Open Passages. spoke to X, they gave them the info for the 2 OBCs, for the Open Passage & the Special OBC for the new cruises, I contacted my TA in order to get the $300 OBC from them I have to pay the full deposit of $450-100 (open passage) for each passenger for each cruise. If I dont, I will only get $200 OBC. So... trying to figure out is it worth paying the full deposit now to get an extra $100?

thoughts?

We’ve had the stock for many years and have only actually received credit a couple of times. For me, I wouldn’t tie up the money on the deposits because of the track record with getting the credits. Or not getting them!

More details please. We have booked all cruises thru a TA and have gotten discount price or TA. Never had an issue w/stockholder OBC.

Sometimes TA's (generally very large online ones) have deals with the cruise line where they offer discounted pricing on some cruises, but this counts as an "offer" from the cruise line, so cannot be combined with other offers such as shareholder OBC or Open Passage OBC. You would have to ask your TA if you received discounted pricing on the cruise at issue. This could be why your shareholder OBC was denied; I have booked a couple of cruises at discounted rates and was not able to apply shareholder OBC to these.

We bought the stock just for the OBC, I know I know we shouldnt of done that, We had no problem getting ours in nov/dec for our B2b cruises, I took my email with me with all of the info.

I was going to book 2 cruises today oct 13 from Hawaii to Sydney & then the next cruise. We have 2 Open Passages. spoke to X, they gave them the info for the 2 OBCs, for the Open Passage & the Special OBC for the new cruises, I contacted my TA in order to get the $300 OBC from them I have to pay the full deposit of $450-100 (open passage) for each passenger for each cruise. If I dont, I will only get $200 OBC. So... trying to figure out is it worth paying the full deposit now to get an extra $100?

thoughts?

Of course. If you keep that money in the bank you will get what, $2 in interest? Take the $100.

Sometimes TA's (generally very large online ones) have deals with the cruise line where they offer discounted pricing on some cruises, but this counts as an "offer" from the cruise line, so cannot be combined with other offers such as shareholder OBC or Open Passage OBC. You would have to ask your TA if you received discounted pricing on the cruise at issue. This could be why your shareholder OBC was denied; I have booked a couple of cruises at discounted rates and was not able to apply shareholder OBC to these.

Please retread my post, we use a big online TA and have never been denied a stockholder OBC while receiving a discounted fare or a 10% OBC.

I did have a typo on my POST, my second TA should have been an OBC.