Combining OBC with Stock OBC

rowval

Please retread my post, we use a big online TA and have never been denied a stockholder OBC while receiving a discounted fare or a 10% OBC.

I did have a typo on my POST, my second TA should have been an OBC.

Sometimes TA's discount fares when they hold group space (in which case you can use Shareholder OBC), sometimes they discount as part of a special promotion being passed on by the cruise line (in which case you cannot use Shareholder OBC). The 10% OBC comes out of the TA's commission, so you can use Shareholder OBC with that.

Sometimes TA's discount fares when they hold group space (in which case you can use Shareholder OBC), sometimes they discount as part of a special promotion being passed on by the cruise line (in which case you cannot use Shareholder OBC). The 10% OBC comes out of the TA's commission, so you can use Shareholder OBC with that.

Thanks for the clarification. I wouldn't define a "special promotion being passed on by the cruise line" as a TA OBC, but I get your drift.

Thanks

Thanks for the clarification. I wouldn't define a "special promotion being passed on by the cruise line" as a TA OBC, but I get your drift.

Thanks

It is not OBC at all. The TA is selling the cruise for less money than it is being sold on Celebrity's website. The discounted pricing is not coming out of their commission, but being passed on by Celebrity. One of the largest online cruise TA's often has deals like this. When you purchase them they may not be combined with any other perks coming out of Celebrity's pockets, but the TA often still provides some additional perks.

Edited by Gonzo70

Okay, I guess I've never booked a group rate, rather our TA discounts their fares by the amount of the TA OBC (or we can take it as an OBC), which is combinable with SH OBC.

Guess I was mixing apples with oranges. I take it you are a travel agent?

Edited by seasearider

Okay, I guess I've never booked a group rate, rather our TA discounts their fares by the amount of the TA OBC (or we can take it as an OBC), which is combinable with SH OBC.

Guess I was mixing apples with oranges. I take it you are a travel agent?

No, just passing on what the travel agent informed me when I booked this type of rate.

• 1 month later...
Did all of the above. They still didn't honor it even. I never heard why not, we still own lots of stock and did not have any other OBC from Celebrity.

You get different answers depending upon who you speak to at X. Their systems s____k. Travel agents, as good as they are have many customers at many cruise lines. If you want something done you need to do it yourself. However it is very difficult if they will not talk to you. Took me months to get proper information.

• 2 years later...

I have the 100 stocks required for both Holland and Celebrity. In the last 3 years, I've been getting the Open Bookings on these ships, to find out the cruise credit they promise is less than the "stock ownership" so I'd been getting the lesser of the two. :eek: Now I not only know to contact the TA to delete the "open booking cruise credit" for the company then to accept the stock cruise credit. So here is the question, is there any benefit to gettint the "open booking cc perks" vs. the stock cruise credits? It may depend also in what class of room one books in (ie. the bigger/better the room, the more one gets on "open bookin"? vs. the "inside or OV" rooms (which is what I usually book). Cruise companies should honor the higher of the two, but it has taken me about 2 years to learn that I've been given the least of the two.

Many promotions have details allowing the addition of an additional perk. Thing is, the perk you want to add must have in its T&Cs' the ability to combine it.

So yes 123 says you can add a perk, but the shareholder credit perk says it's not combinable with 123 type perks, and has several other restrictions.

So agents are correct in saying you can combine the 123 perk, and agents are also right when saying no you can't add the shareholder perk. You need to find some other perk.

End of the day. Shareholder perk is very restricted, if anyone is successful in combining it with Celebrity offered perks (as opposed to perks offered by a TA, TA offered perks don't matter with regard to shareholder credit, as those are paid for by the TA, X could care less how the TA spends their earned commissions) they have been quite lucky, and probably have done so despite the rules.

This is also why some as read here (and in other threads) have arrived to the ship to find the Shareholder credit won't be honored, as they are the final step in applying the trulls and policies. Likely you can have the choice to drop your 123 or your Shareholder perk. Most would stick wight he 123 perk I'm sure.

Kind of like you can speed to work every day and get away with it, but when you do finally get a speeding ticket, you can't say, "But you let me get way with it yesterday!". Your luck just simply ran out, count your prior blessings.

I always apply for the perk, sometimes get it combined, but usually get declined if I have any other perks or restrictions on my reservation. If I did get it granted to arrive on the ship to be denied, and I had another perk, I could not argue the point, knowing it's a very restricted benefit, and that sometimes people make mistakes.

Edited by cle-guy