pre-purchasing booze

lovetovak

I see that princess has a "gift" department which has small bottles of booze. Do they offer anything similar to Carnival' Bon Voyage dept (larger bottles)?

We were on a RCCL cruise about 6 years ago and were able to purchase alcohol from the onboard shop, pay a corkage fee and have it sent to the room. Anything like this on Princess?

Margaret

I just sent myself 3 bottles of scotch and had my sister in law send me a bottle. Did the math and this is a lot cheaper than buying drinks at the bar. Will carry on 2 wines and we are good for 7 days

We are also wondering if there are different brands than what is listed. Guess we will call when our cruise is closer, but does anyone know if there are other choices? For example, I would be interested in Grey Goose vodka - but it's not listed, though I know the bars on the ship carry Grey Goose.

I just sent myself 3 bottles of scotch and had my sister in law send me a bottle. Did the math and this is a lot cheaper than buying drinks at the bar. Will carry on 2 wines and we are good for 7 days

I thought 375Ml was the size of the miniatures in the mini - bar. I see now it is 12 ounces / shots, so I guess 4 of these will be OK for 7 day cruise :)

A Dewers and Water is what, $4.75 in a ships bar ? And that is ~ a one ounce shot ? If so then $17 or $24 for 375 Ml is a deal.

Can you order a bottle when on board ?

1.5 ounces in shot.

I thought 375Ml was the size of the miniatures in the mini - bar. I see now it is 12 ounces / shots, so I guess 4 of these will be OK for 7 day cruise :)

A Dewers and Water is what, $4.75 in a ships bar ? And that is ~ a one ounce shot ? If so then $17 or $24 for 375 Ml is a deal.

Can you order a bottle when on board ?

1.5 ounces in shot.

OK thanks so, even with generous pour that's six or eight drinks from 375 Ml

and a 50Ml miniature is about one drink. Good to know we can order on board.

I prefer sitting at a bar, ambience, people watching etc. but a cocktail while getting ready for dinner after a day ashore is nice too/ :)

i would order on the first day or before the cruise. the info states they base the charges on the number of days OF the Cruise. I would expect on a 14 day cruise that if you purchased on day 10 you would still likely be charged at the 14day fee.

i would order on the first day or before the cruise. the info states they base the charges on the number of days OF the Cruise. I would expect on a 14 day cruise that if you purchased on day 10 you would still likely be charged at the 14day fee.

That would be if you ordered a soda sticker for your cruise card. To actually order soda packages for your cabin could be done any day as you are paying for a fixed quantity of cans.

You can purchase "booze" in advance from the gift dept or just wait until you get to your cabin. Just call room service and they bring whatever you need.

Get yourself a Rum Runner. Works. Grey Goose fits perfectly in a rum runner!

Get yourself a Rum Runner. Works. Grey Goose fits perfectly in a rum runner!

I just buy my liquor on board, but I do bring in Black Box wine. I bet you could put a large rum runner into a Black Box carton and it would just look like box wine in the xray. You might even be able to use the bladder from the wine. It's got a decent size spout that a small funnel would fit into. We've taken Black Box wine all over the world in checked luggage and don't have problems with leaks. We do put it into a jumbo zip lock just to be sure.

Archived