Bayonne to Jersey City Post-Cruise

socialworker

I did it last Nov. and it was easy. Just walked out of the customs area, made a left and went down to the taxi dispatcher and told him I wanted to go to the light rail station. I had to wait a few minutes to get a shared ride. They dropped me on the back side of the station on Avenue E where there's a flat walkway to the station platform - that's much easier with luggage than doing the overpass from the other side. I had a small rolling suitcase and a rolling backpack. What day of the week are you doing this?

socialworker~

No hassle at all. As 138east says, take a cab to the light rail station (just across from the entrance to the Cape Liberty complex--a 10-minute ride, if that). And then hop on any northbound train (any train marked either Hoboken or Tonnelle Avenue) and get off at the Harsimus Cove stop.

When you exit the train at Harsimus Cove, walk forward (that is, in the direction that the train was traveling) along the platform and cross the street (4th Street). The Doubletree will be right in front of you; in fact, you'll see it as soon as you get off the train.

I was in Jersey City earlier this week and rode the light rail back to Hoboken, passing Harsimus Cove and the Doubletree. The trip couldn't be easier. However, if it's a weekday, take your time disembarking--the light rail trains get crowded during rush hour, but you should have no problems getting a seat if you're traveling after 9:30 a.m. or so.

Archived