Long pants for ice skating?

I doubt that, it was years ago and I do not have the thread but a little child had a portion of their finger cut off while skating on-board.

Anyone else remember that? It may have been about 6-7 years ago.

###

And Royal hasn't mandated Kevlar gloves?????

According to the Royal Caribbean website: "Please note ice skating on our Voyager Class & Freedom Class ships requires that all skaters wear long pants and socks for their own comfort and safety."

Does this mean shorts are allowed on the Oasis? We have never been ice skating (on a cruise ship) and would like to next month. We want to make sure we have the proper attire.

As one who has fallen in shorts while ice skating, yes it is a very good idea.

Another Northerner here! :D

When my 6yo kid was in Mites, his coach told the team his number one rule -- if you're gonna puke, do it ON THE ICE, not at the bench. The ice can be scraped and shoveled... the bench floor will just stink forever! :eek:

Wise coach! Ice rink ice is THE miracle cure!:):D

And Royal hasn't mandated Kevlar gloves?????

Exactly.... evidently thin cotton pants are sufficient to prevent amputation of fingers! :D

Wise coach! Ice rink ice is THE miracle cure!:):D

I'm gonna go into withdrawals this season... kid has decided he doesn't want to play high school hockey in the fall. First time since 2004 that I won't be in a rink for 7-8 months straight!

Is this a suggestion or a rule? If I want to ice skate in shorts, can I? I just can't see packing long pants to the Western Carribbean in June for 30 minutes of ice skating. I ice skate in shorts at home, they are not going to keep me off the ice on the ship are they?

Why do so many people think that rules are only for the other person? Long pants are required just like you can't wear flip flops on the zip line or rock climbing and you must wear a bathing suit in the swimming pool. Why wouldn't you have pants, aren't you going to dinner?

Why do so many people think that rules are only for the other person? Long pants are required just like you can't wear flip flops on the zip line or rock climbing and you must wear a bathing suit in the swimming pool. Why wouldn't you have pants, aren't you going to dinner?

That's what the dress shorts are for.;)