Advice for Blended Family of 7

Hi,

My wife and I just got back from a 5 day cruise the Carnival Triumph and we had a great time. We would like to bring out blended family with us on the same cruise this time next year.

The ages of our children at that time will be : Females 21, 16 and 16 Males 14 and 8. Can someone give us some advice or tips on the best way to cruise with a group such as ours>? How may room will we need etc>? Are discounts offered? My wife and I would like to have a deck in our room.

Thanks in advance

Jim

You will qualify for past guest rate since you've sailed before. The 16 and under can get involved in the Kids clubs which some enjoy. The 21 year old will not be able to do that. Maybe get a balcony cabin for you and then 2 insides (across from you): one for the girls and one for the boys. Or have 2 of the kids stay in your balcony cabin or suite and have one inside or next door for the other kids. The other cabins won't qualify for past guest though since they haven't sailed before. I've read on here where people have gotten past guest rate: you would need to put your wife's name on one of the other cabins to qualify for it, and then just ask Guest Services to change the keys to the appropriate cabins after check-in.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

You will need at a minimum two cabins - but I am guessing you and your darling wife (DW) will want to have the balcony cabin all to yourselves. I would suggest that you book the balcony and then two inside cabins across the hall for the kids. You will not be getting any real discounts (other than past guest) accept one of the kids will get the discounted rate for being the third in the cabin. You may also qualify for special pricing if Carnival is running a special for guests from your state. Much like the previous poster has already stated.

Have a great cruise!

My vote would be for a mini suite if you can swing it, then two adjoining inside rooms across the hall. I'm not familiar with Carnival, so hope that's even a choice. If you put your name on the inside room with one boy, the girls in a room that can accommodate 3 and your DW and the other boy in the mini suite, you'll be able to get credit for past passenger on two of the cabins and qualify for the age limits for each cabin (21 year old is old enough to qualify I think).

The advantage of the mini is that there will be enough room for you all to hang out together for card games, etc. Having adjoining inside rooms can make it easier because everyone will have access to two bathrooms. As we know, girls can occasionally take longer in the bathroom than boys, so why set them up for frustration? :o

My vote would be for a mini suite if you can swing it, then two adjoining inside rooms across the hall. I'm not familiar with Carnival, so hope that's even a choice. If you put your name on the inside room with one boy, the girls in a room that can accommodate 3 and your DW and the other boy in the mini suite, you'll be able to get credit for past passenger on two of the cabins and qualify for the age limits for each cabin (21 year old is old enough to qualify I think).

The advantage of the mini is that there will be enough room for you all to hang out together for card games, etc. Having adjoining inside rooms can make it easier because everyone will have access to two bathrooms. As we know, girls can occasionally take longer in the bathroom than boys, so why set them up for frustration? :o

On Carnival, 21 year olds may book and travel on their own. But if there are passengers younger than 21 in the cabin, then at least one person must be 25.

beachchick

Archived