Fantasy Does Vegan

petesweet

We just returned from our five-night cruise on the Fantasy, and we had a great time. We were a little unsure how difficult it might be for our vegan family members (three of seven of us), but we were totally impressed.

The ship staff had been alerted to the fact that we had vegans in our group, and the first dinner our waiter acknowledged that he was aware of that fact and helped us choose appropriate food. Then at the end of that meal and every evening thereafter, the dining room hostess came by with the next day’s menu and suggestions about how items could be tweaked in the kitchen to make them appropriate.

Then for lunch, the Mongolian Grill had great vegan stir fry selections.

We were totally impressed and hope this review will encourage others who have special dietary needs.

Kathy

Thanks so much for posting this. I will be calling my PVP about my food allergy next time I call to make a payment. I have no doubt that I will no problems at all!!!

Yes, all you need to do is let them know. We were amazed at the good care they gave us.

Kathy

Great to hear... not a vegan but always nice to hear that Carnival Fantasy was willing to go the "extra mile". How was the ship/crew? We will be on her in 18 days... have you written a review?

Came home to very heavy schedule, so I don't think I'll be able to write a review this time. My review would be very limited, because DH and I just happily "existed" on the ship this time. This will have been his last cruise because of his health.

But the ship is very nice, and the crew was great. We cruised on her last November, and I had just a few months before come off the great Oasis of the Seas. Different ships, but the Fantasy does not have to apologize for anything and does not suffer in the comparison.:)

Have a great time!

Kathy

Came home to very heavy schedule, so I don't think I'll be able to write a review this time. My review would be very limited, because DH and I just happily "existed" on the ship this time. This will have been his last cruise because of his health.

But the ship is very nice, and the crew was great. We cruised on her last November, and I had just a few months before come off the great Oasis of the Seas. Different ships, but the Fantasy does not have to apologize for anything and does not suffer in the comparison.:)

Have a great time!

Kathy

Thanks so much for the info... sorry to hear about hubby. Glad he could cruise this time.

It is nice to hear they are taking care of vegan folks, I would love it if I could get one meal "raw" I would pay the $30 they charge for the steakhouse.

Have you asked?

I don't know, but they might serve a raw steak, but then again, it might

be against regulations.

It is nice to hear they are taking care of vegan folks, I would love it if I could get one meal "raw" I would pay the $30 they charge for the steakhouse.

I presume you prefer dining in the main dining hall? (Otherwise, you can get a lot of raw veggies in the cafeteria.)

If you let Carnival know ahead of time that you prefer raw food, they will no doubt accommodate you as they did us. In addition to the usual salad fixings, I'm sure they could give you raw corn on the cob, raw sweet potato slices, and other more unusual raw foods that many of us love. They just need to know ahead of time.

Kathy

Archived