HELP! Bed Configuration: Non-converting Twins

Iamthesea

I went to my Cruise Personalizer. We have a Mini Suite D714 on the Coral and next to the stateroom number in the CP, it says Bed Configuration: Non-converting Twins. Does this mean that we cannot push our beds together? :eek:

Does anyone know if this could be a typo? Stayed on the Dolphin aft area in a mini suite...on the Coral?

Chances are you didn't specify when you made your reservations. Just call your TA or Princess direct and tell them HOW you want your bedding configuration, chances are VERY good it can be arranged, "Non-converting twin" is the default arrangement.

Anne :)

Call Princess. I noticed the same thing on my CP for the Tahitian Princess, even though I had requested Queen bed to the TA. We booked a guarantee category and the Princess rep changed it for me right away.

Renee

This non-converting twins thing seems to pop up every couple of days here. Princess has a problem with their web site and it seems to tell most people they are in a cabin with non-converting twins. I wouldn't give it a second though.

I was surprised to see that for my upcoming 6th Princess cruise, this is the FIRST time it ever said Queen Bed - it has always said nonconverting twins on mine. I'm wondering why it is correct all of a sudden, LOL. I'll bet I get there and the beds are apart! Of course the personalizer is incorrect about my onboard credit again --- it's not the best online system.

Which ship?
The Coral was mentioned in my original post above.

"Non-converting twin" is the default arrangement.

To me non-converting means the beds cannot be put together. I just won't worry about it then.

Chances are you didn't specify when you made your reservations. Just call your TA or Princess direct and tell them
My TA has booked enough cruises for us that she knows we like to be together. If the beds are apart when we arrive, I will have the steward change them.

Of course the personalizer is incorrect about my onboard credit again
We are suppose to have onboard credit, but I didn't see anything mentioned. Where does it have credit?

We are suppose to have onboard credit, but I didn't see anything mentioned. Where does it have credit?
On the Princess web page, sign into your circle savings account. There is a tab at the bottom of the screen that says "onboard credit". If I sign is as myself, I see my onboard credit, if I sign in as my DH, his is not there, even though we both have our own "per person" onboard credit from using a future cruise booking. I am not too concerned, this happened last time and when we arrived at the ship it was correct. Just one of those quirks of the Princess web page, many others have reported the same problem here on the board.

I could be mistaken about this, but if you book directly thru Princess, you may see this on the personalizer. I believe if you book thru a TA, as I did this time, you only see this credit in the Circle Savings Account section of the website. I've done it both ways, and am working with a faltering memory here;)

An interesting story about the opposite problem. My best friend and I always travel on a cruise at Thanksgiving and always request twin configuration. We arrived on one cruise 2 or 3 years ago to find the beds in Queen configuration. When we spoke with the cabin stewardess, she said that because she saw my name was listed as Dr. so-and so, she just assumed that I was a man and my friend a woman and that we would want the beds together!!! So not only are we dealing at times with our requests not making it to the cruisestaff, we are also dealing with their cultural interpretations!

An interesting story about the opposite problem. My best friend and I always travel on a cruise at Thanksgiving and always request twin configuration. We arrived on one cruise 2 or 3 years ago to find the beds in Queen configuration. When we spoke with the cabin stewardess, she said that because she saw my name was listed as Dr. so-and so, she just assumed that I was a man and my friend a woman and that we would want the beds together!!! So not only are we dealing at times with our requests not making it to the cruisestaff, we are also dealing with their cultural interpretations!

Lynn, re cultural interpretations --- when I discovered that our beds were separate on a recent cruise and asked the steward to put them together, he mentioned to me that since our nametag said Mr. Boothman and Ms. Boothman, he assumed we were brother and sister. I don't normally use Ms. and don't really know how that got in the system, but just another instance of how room stewards have to make a decision based on what they know at the time. I'm certainly not being critical -- just thought it was cute, similar to someone assuming that a Dr. must be a man.

When we spoke with the cabin stewardess, she said that because she saw my name was listed as Dr. so-and so,

I don't recall ever being asked for our titles. :confused: We never use our title when booking a cruise...just first and last names.

I would definitely double check with Princess or your TA because there are certain rooms in which the beds CANNOT be put together to make a queen.
After researching...According to the Princess brochure, if a (*) is listed on the diagram, the beds cannot be made into a queen. There is no (*) on our stateroom.

We asked our TA about the non-converting twins designation. We were told that when people book with different last names, Princess automatically assumes twin beds. We found this funny, since I did not take my husband's name when we married - we're not quite at the point where we prefer to sleep in separate beds...yet!

I have the same last name as my DH but our cabin steward on our last cruise had the beds set up as twins because I used Ms. as a prefix instead of Mrs. so he assumed we were brother/sister. It was a problem easily he fixed, though.

My TA told me that it defaults to that classification. You are in a mini-suite (next door to the one we will be in on the Island!) and it will convert to a queen. No worries. Of course, you can always have your TA change it... but your cabin steward will put them together if they aren't already done when you get there.

Here is what she said... your cabin is a triple just like ours.

"The Princess system has two options for beds. Queen or Twin. They do not have an option for Queen AND Twin in the same room. This does not mean that you can't have a queen for you and the hubby and a twin for XXXXXX. It just will not show as having both options. There is nothing in the system that will show it this way. Don't worry.

I know I just confused the heck out of you but triple and quad cabins can have a queen it's just that the system defaults to twin. Thanks, XXX"

I don't recall ever being asked for our titles. :confused: We never use our title when booking a cruise...just first and last names.

After researching...According to the Princess brochure, if a (*) is listed on the diagram, the beds cannot be made into a queen. There is no (*) on our stateroom.

The Captain's circle website asks for titles, so I assume that is why they had our titles as such. Also, my friend's surname is not the same as mine and she was listed as Ms. So I guess there is no predicting how they will interpret names.

Lynn

Thanks all!

I have not tried to get back on to update my CP since I saw the bed configuration. I will be sure and check off our "titles" when I do so. Our ages are also incorrect in the system. Don't know if that is a result our TA or the system fouling up. :rolleyes:

We had the same problem on our cruise last month to Hawaii. When we got to the room they were twins. Our room steward told me that Princess sometimes gets them reversed. It was no problem for her to change to a converted twin.

No worries, I booked the same type of cabin on the same deck....and saw the same comfig. issue. I called Princess and was told that the computer will not allow it to show as a queen, but due to the fact that there is a pull out cound for the 3rd berth, the beds can be put together but you have to ask upon boarding. Hope this helps!

Happy Cruising!

I went to my Cruise Personalizer. We have a Mini Suite D714 on the Coral and next to the stateroom number in the CP, it says Bed Configuration: Non-converting Twins. Does this mean that we cannot push our beds together? :eek:

Does anyone know if this could be a typo? Stayed on the Dolphin aft area in a mini suite...on the Coral?

Archived