Disney Newbie - Short Disney Cruise Questions ?!

lee101224

Hi All ,

Never sailed with Disney before but wife and Daughter are Disney Maaaadddd !!!!

We are almost certainly going to book the 4 night Med cruise in August next year on the Magic , But -

I have read a few bits here and there saying that on the few short cruises that disney offer ( only 2 dates during the Med 2013 season ) you may not get the full 100% experience , i.e no fireworks , pirate party , rotational dinning etc .... has anyone got any more info or experience of this ?!?

Any info very welcomed , Thanks Everyone ....

Lee

Hi All ,

We are almost certainly going to book the 4 night Med cruise in August next year on the Magic , But -

I have read a few bits here and there saying that on the few short cruises that disney offer ( only 2 dates during the Med 2013 season ) you may not get the full 100% experience , i.e no fireworks , pirate party , rotational dinning etc .... has anyone got any more info or experience of this ?!?

Lee

Come to Florida and take a proper 7 day Disney Cruise on the Fantasy ;)

You are still 16 months away from your cruise date. Book the cruise now and start looking for airfares in April next year.:eek:

Stop tempting Me ;)!!!! The 4 day it is .....

Will be in florida 6 months later anyway with the extended family doing all the parks .

Hi All ,

Lee

The only cruises without fireworks are the 2 night cruises out of NYC and the Alaska cruises.

Pirate Party on every cruise except the 2 night cruises.

You get rotational dining on all cruises. The only caveat is that the 2 night cruises, you only eat in 2 of the MDRs. And I believe the menu is the same in all dining rooms each night (2 different menus, separate nights).

:)

The only cruises without fireworks are the 2 night cruises out of NYC and the Alaska cruises.

Pirate Party on every cruise except the 2 night cruises.

You get rotational dining on all cruises. The only caveat is that the 2 night cruises, you only eat in 2 of the MDRs. And I believe the menu is the same in all dining rooms each night (2 different menus, separate nights).

We also didn't have fireworks on the Magic's Baltic cruise (but then again, it didn't really get dark enough for them). I think the past 2-night cruises to nowhere (out of LA, IIRC) actually didn't have rotational dining. You were assigned the same restaurant for both of the nights.

We also didn't have fireworks on the Magic's Baltic cruise (but then again, it didn't really get dark enough for them). I think the past 2-night cruises to nowhere (out of LA, IIRC) actually didn't have rotational dining. You were assigned the same restaurant for both of the nights.

Yes, for the west coast cruise to nowhere, since it was the first time DCL had done them, they just assigned everyone to one dining room (same room for both nights).

For the 2 night cruise to nowhere out of NYC, DCL is doing a modified rotational dining. Everyone will eat in 2 of the dining rooms, but the menus will be the same in all the rooms each night.

Yes, for the west coast cruise to nowhere, since it was the first time DCL had done them, they just assigned everyone to one dining room (same room for both nights).

For the 2 night cruise to nowhere out of NYC, DCL is doing a modified rotational dining. Everyone will eat in 2 of the dining rooms, but the menus will be the same in all the rooms each night.

Ah, that's interesting. I'll admit that I haven't paid much attention to those 2-nighters since I wasn't looking into booking them. I am, however, torn between one of those 5-nighters to Canada out of NYC or the Wonder's December PC cruise. Unfortunately, I don't have enough unallocated PTO time to do both this year. :(

On our short Disney cruise we had rotational dining, the Pirates Deck Party, fireworks and the whole shootin' match.

How "short" was your cruise? If you mean a 3 or 4 night, that's one of the "regular" cruises. The discussion here is about the 2 night cruise to nowhere out of NYC.

How "short" was your cruise? If you mean a 3 or 4 night, that's one of the "regular" cruises. The discussion here is about the 2 night cruise to nowhere out of NYC.

Actually, the OP is asking about a 4 night Med cruise that they are "almost certainly going to book".

It was others posting here who brought up the 2 day trips.

Therefore, my response was correctly directed at the OP's question.

Hi All ,

Lee

Actually, the OP is asking about a 4 night Med cruise that they are "almost certainly going to book".

It was others posting here who brought up the 2 day trips.

Therefore, my response was correctly directed at the OP's question.

Oops! You're right :o

Unless there are some restrictions on the 4 night short Med cruises, the 4 night Bahamian cruises here do include Pirate party and fireworks, plus rotational dining..... So all the PPs are correct. Just call DCL directly.....

Archived