Cruise from Boston to Bermuda September

belmont

Wondering if there is anyone that has cruised the Norweign Cruise to Bermuda in September. Curious how the weather can be on the cruise and in Bermuda at that time :confused:

September and October are our favorite time of year to go to Bermuda. Not as hot or as humid as August. Fairly dry and about 70-75 degrees. Water is warm and great to swim in.

The only downside is the chances of hurricanes seem to be higher. Two years ago due to Hurricane Hugo, we diverted from Bermuda and ended up in Florida and Bahamas instead. Still a nice trip, as never had been to the Bahamas before.

The big plus is there are heavier discounts on the cabins, because of the possible rougher water due to hurricanes. But the ships are significantly larger now, that the 15 to 20 foot seas do not cause as much of a dislocation as in our previous trips on the smaller ships such as the Majesty.

As soon as my wife finishes school, we will go back to our preferred schedule of September/October

We went in May of 09 and in Sept of 10 and definately liked Sept better. Weather was beautiful mid 70s water was warm, but yoou do have to worry about possibility of high seas or being diverted because of hurricane.

We went twice last fall on the Dawn.

One week it was near 90 every day, not humid, just beautiful.

Two weeks later it was 70 every day with only 2 days without rain.

Fall weather can go either way, even the worse of the 2 weeks was an amazing time.

• 1 month later...

Last September I experienced high 80 degree weather and it was extremely humid. I brought water with me from the ship and always had a spare. No rain all week except for leaving Boston! Smooth sailing both ways.....

We cruised from Boston to Bermuda in September 2009 on the NCL Spirit (loved the ship!), there was a swell at the time and we went around the worst of it going and returning. Weather was hot and a bit muggy of course, July, Aug and Sept are the most humid months, that's why it's cheaper to cruise later in the year. But we enjoyed mostly dry weather. March - early May can be chilly at night while June is ideal and late July is getting hotter.

The cruise back ws the worst we've experienced in 11 years of cruising - I have videos of people being ejected from the main pool because of the waves, and there were bags posted at the elevators at every floor. An experience indeed!

So you just can't tell about the weather between June and November but I wouldn't worry too much as long as you don't get seasick easily. You will probably have a great, smooth cruise, but do be prepared for humid days and carry water and get some shade.

We just returned from a week stay on the south shores and the weather is gorgeous right now. 80° for the high and 72° for the low everyday and no humidity but hot!

Archived