Aqua class~Is it difficult to make connections??

exercisemama

My husband and I are considering Aqua class on Summit this December. I was wondering if it more difficult to make connections with other passengers. Eating in Blu and not the main dining room every night seems like it would detract from being with others. Any other opinions on this from others that have stayed in aqua class.

We dined in Blu at similar times each night. Often we saw or sat near the same people. Most nights we spoke with people in nearby tables.

Some nights a short chat, often more. We found that it was sociable and for a couple of the final nights we had a table of 8 with people we met.

You can meet others or dine as a couple in a quieter table. Ask the manager, they are very helpful.

I am on the Equinox in AQ as I write this, and I'm traveling solo on a 14 day TA. My advice is to go on the roll call, participate in the get togethers, and plan excursions with other cruisers. I'm only alone when I want to be. Also, you CAN still eat in the MDR if you talk to the Maitre D, and anytime at lunch.

We dined in Blu at similar times each night. Often we saw or sat near the same people. Most nights we spoke with people in nearby tables.

Some nights a short chat, often more. We found that it was sociable and for a couple of the final nights we had a table of 8 with people we met.

You can meet others or dine as a couple in a quieter table. Ask the manager, they are very helpful.

helpthejuggler,

did you like the Aqua cabins on the Summit? Were you on deck 11? Was your bed by the closet or the balcony?

My husband and I are considering Aqua class on Summit this December. I was wondering if it more difficult to make connections with other passengers. Eating in Blu and not the main dining room every night seems like it would detract from being with others. Any other opinions on this from others that have stayed in aqua class.

From my perspective, it would be far easier to meet others in Blu which is a smaller, more intimate restaurant than the MDR. I've never met other cruisers in the MDR (with the exception of those at my table).

I believe your personalities are more important to meeting people than where you eat. We have been seated at a table for 8 and one couple just barely said hello when they sat down and not much more.

Being social attracts others. Introduce yourselves (subtly of course) and strike up conversations on what you have in common...your aqua class experience LOL.

The tables in blu are not very far apart ,& it was very easy to meet, & talk to other people while dining. I thought it was a very beautiful, intimate setting. The staff was superb, and we enjoyed the people that we met. I really liked the food as well

Loved Blu! Met wonderful people every night and AM. Tables are close enough to chat or just eat your dinner. Only thing I wish they would change the MUSAK! Need softer music, easy listening so that people can have conversations. Food was wonderful!!! Service was better than we have ever encountered on any ship yet.

You will love Blu!!!

Archived