Denali shuttle: 1.bad back. 2.where to sit?

alaskawdw12

We're going to Alaska in less than 100 days!!!!!!! woohoo!!! :)

Now that I got that out of my system...we're booked for the Eielson shuttle while we're in Denali. I have to say that this is the one thing I am the most nervous about on our whole trip. My husband broke his spine in an ATV accidant a few years ago (guess which excusrion we won't be doing...) and has metal in is spine. It's difficult for him to be in one position for a long time, and things like jeep rides are out of the question because of the bumps and jumps.

We LOVE wildlife, it's our biggest priority, and I know that the only way to get a chance to see wildlife in Denali is on the shuttle.

I was wondering how bad the road really is? It would be great to get some feedback from someone with a bad back or who was traveling with someone with these issues. I know that no one can tell us how he'll react to the ride, but some input would be great! And any suggestions for how to make it more comfortable for him would also be greatly appriciated :)

Question #2: where is the best place to sit on the shuttle?

Thanks!

The seats are basic, and if tall, cramped. The shuttles allow you off the bus, anywhere you want, as long as no wildlife in the area. So, the only suggestion I would have is to plan on getting off the bus, when you need to.

Sitting on the left is a pretty frequent suggestion, I sit in the seat across from who I'm with. This way I have access to two windows, even with people in the aisles.

If you get on and off the bus, you will be taking what ever seat is open, including being split up.

Another wildlife jackpot, is a Kenai Fjords boat tour, just loaded with varied wildlife.

Archived