best time to ask for a port view room ?

cruzin w chris

I am assuming that you have booked on LMT, PL or Hotwire based on your question. We have had good results on check-in day. If you book thru one of the above mentioned sites, I think they would want to try to sell those rooms to guess paying the prevailing rate before the offer the upgrade on check-in daay.

I am assuming that you have booked on LMT, PL or Hotwire based on your question. We have had good results on check-in day. If you book thru one of the above mentioned sites, I think they would want to try to sell those rooms to guess paying the prevailing rate before the offer the upgrade on check-in daay.

yeah i booked on lmt. on my other cruises we have never stayed that close to the port so i never cared about the view. but with so many of us from our roll call staying there i figured " what the heck " .

Call the hotel directly now and "Request" that room type. Of course it is only a request. And they will tell you that. But they will put it on your res. Then we you arrive mention the request and see what they offer. No guarantees and much depends on vacancy rate that date. And you can decide if the extra cost is worth it once you arrive. If you are arriving late, you might just be happy with any room. Head out for breakfast to Bayside Mall in the monring and take in the view that way. Your choice.;)

I called the hotel yesterday and was told that I needed to wait until a week before our arrival date because upgrades were based upon occupancy so she was unable to do it now... for our December date. Kinda disappointed... but I have it marked on my calendar to call back in November. :D

I called the hotel yesterday and was told that I needed to wait until a week before our arrival date because upgrades were based upon occupancy so she was unable to do it now... for our December date. Kinda disappointed... but I have it marked on my calendar to call back in November. :D

are you talking about the intercontinental ?

This isn't unusual. Depends too on whom you talk to when you call.;) Remember if a hotel can sell an upgraded room to a guest at full price, they aren't gong to hold it for someone who paid next to nothing for their room on the discount site. Check when you register.

Archived