Spending time in San Juan

cruisebabe50

We are cruising in September, got great balcony cabin rates and I wanted the best price for airfare so I booked a later flight out of San Juan (7:30pm). Anyway the question is,.. What to do all day while waiting around. We will have our luggage with us too. I am wondering if we can check our luggage at the airport early and then take a tour? Or maybe rent a car and just explore, ourselves and that way we can just keep the luggage in the car. Any ideas?

I've seen Barrachina come up on this board quite a bit. I'm in a similar situation in 2 weeks. And I plan to take my luggage there, as long as you're a customer they'll hold your stuff. So I figure get lunch and let them hold my bags. They have luggage storage 9-5

http://barrachina.com/indexb.php

They have the best Pina Coladas there. Once you have one, you may be there until your flight leaves!!:cool:

You can book a tour right at the port after debarkation. There are

ususally vans outside who will ask if you want a tour and they will

also take your luggage with you and drop you all of at the airport.

We did this once when our flight home wasn't until 4:30.

San Juan was one of the Ports that we were in last week

We just walked around Old San Juan- it was beautiful- a great walking area.

We ate at La Bombanerra (CC recomended) delicious mallorca.

There is a little brewery near the cruiseship area too if u like that sorta thing. We just strolled around the whole time and enjoyed the sights :).

We were on the Victory last month. Post cruise we had reservations at a hotel but did not want to check in so early so we stored our luggage across the street from the pier for $3 each piece and took a 2hr Segway tour. After the tour we walked around and had lunch at Senior Frogs. Picked up our luggage and grabbed a cab to the hotel. It was a nice way to spend the day.

• 5 months later...
We were on the Victory last month. Post cruise we had reservations at a hotel but did not want to check in so early so we stored our luggage across the street from the pier for $3 each piece and took a 2hr Segway tour. After the tour we walked around and had lunch at Senior Frogs. Picked up our luggage and grabbed a cab to the hotel. It was a nice way to spend the day.

Looking for information on the 2 hr Segway tour. Thanks!

If you do a Segway tour, they will let you leave your luggage in their office while you are on the tour. They are located about a block from the pier. Also right next door is a GPS store and they will store your luggage for a small fee.

If you are staying at the Sheraton across the street from the pier, you can drop your luggage off as soon as you get off the ship even if your room is not ready.

Also if you are going to the Sheraton or Segway tour, the porters will haul your bags for you for a tip. Just ask them how much.

I've seen Barrachina come up on this board quite a bit. I'm in a similar situation in 2 weeks. And I plan to take my luggage there, as long as you're a customer they'll hold your stuff. So I figure get lunch and let them hold my bags. They have luggage storage 9-5

http://barrachina.com/indexb.php

To the OP...we had the exact same situation on our summer 2011 cruise. We followed advice on the port of call (San Juan) boards, and stashed our luggage at Barrachina's. We ate lunch, had a few pina coladas, and then proceeded to walk around old San Juan. It was a fabulous way to end our cruise! There was a taxi stand nearby when we were ready to depart for the airport.

Archived