Where to buy wine in Ft.Lauderdale

Nightengale212

Will be flying into Ft.Lauderdale for same day CB cruise next Saturday. Really do not want to pack or carry wine onto the plane. We will be taking a taxi from airport directly to cruise terminal. Any suggestions where I can buy a few bottles of wine enroute to or at cruise terminal area? TIA

On 17th street right across from the Embassy Suites is a grocery store with a pretty fair selection of wines. It is quite near the cruise terminal. I'm sure others can tell you about liquor stores with a better selection. I'd just ask your taxi driver.

Will be flying into Ft.Lauderdale for same day CB cruise next Saturday. Really do not want to pack or carry wine onto the plane. We will be taking a taxi from airport directly to cruise terminal. Any suggestions where I can buy a few bottles of wine enroute to or at cruise terminal area? TIA

I planned to do the exact same thing two weeks ago. There is nothing en route from the airport(according to the taxi driver) and nothing at the cruise terminal.I had brought two bottles with me and planned to pick up a couple more. You would have to go over the 17th street causeway near the beaches which may add a half hour onto your ride if there is traffic.

You may want to re-think bringing the wine from home or maybe even stopping at a shop at the Fort Lauderdale Airport.

Have fun!

On 17th street right across from the Embassy Suites is a grocery store with a pretty fair selection of wines. It is quite near the cruise terminal. I'm sure others can tell you about liquor stores with a better selection. I'd just ask your taxi driver.

Hmmmm, my taxi driver lied to me! He said there is nothing for miles!

The Publix Market is within walking distance (if you don't mind a 20 minute walk), but is only a 5 minute cab ride. Quick, convenient, and a large selection of wine. There is a large wine/liquor store in the next block as well.

I've never had a problem getting our taxi driver to stop at a liquor store or a grocery store to pick up a few bottles of wine.

Then again, I always go a day early, so I'm not sure if those locations are completely out of the way from the ride directly from the airport.

Sounds like it would be a lucrative business for someone to open up a little wine shop near the port... $$ Anyone wanna venture into a new business with me?? :D $$

Ditto to the Publix being right around the corner and it has a huge wine department with great prices. There is also a huge Walgreens there...not that you'd buy liquor....but it's got everything else you might need on the ship (suntan loition,floating toys, soda, coverups etc.)

The Publix is now behind the Embassy Suites, in a new shopping plaza. Nothing else was open but the Publix the first week of April, but it looked like a lot of stores and fast food joints will be going in fairly quickly.

Cheers,

Kirsten

Archived