Never say Never......

sail7seas

If HAL finds a good enough itinerary that appeals to someone and does it only with one ship, it is possible the person (Me) who said "NEVER" may change their mind. :rolleyes:

Same as they did in Noordam III's last days with HAL, they are giving Veendam good itineraries to sell her. Some of us do not like the 'improvements' made to that ship and said forgetaboutit....... I'm not sailing her again.

Welllllll, we booked Veendam today for her Boston to Boston 7 day Canada/New England. We have done that cruise with friends before and we all enjoyed it. We all booked it again. It is only being offered for one week next summer or DH and I would do it back-to-back as we have done in the past.

So much for NEVER....... :o

I agree, Judy. Never is a very long time. Sounds like you and your friends will have a great time. That itinerary would be even more perfect if it included PEI.:D

I agree....... we LOVE PEI.

This seems to be my year to be 'agreeable'. :D

First I AGREED to sail Alaska for/with DH.

Now I'm agreeing to sail the 'improved' Veendam. :eek:

I shiver to think what I'm going to agree to next. Whoa.......

Save me from myself....... Please!

We did that itinerary a couple years ago and just loved it. It made Maasdam my favorite ship. But, after 17 days on the Veendam a little over a year ago, I think the itinerary will overcome anything you are wary of about the ship. I thoroughly enjoyed my time on her and you will too!

Congratulations on booking that cruise. I wish I could.

Deb

It has been a while since I was on her, but during our Antarctica/South America cruise I didn't hear any complaints.

Pat yourself on the back for being agreeable. Any time you step outside your comfort level you open up doors you didn't know were there. You may just love it!

Debbie

I am praying our air conditioning and toilet work.

From all I've read that is not a 'given'. :(

Just disembarked in Fort Lauderdale a few days ago. All was working fine. If you like a suite near the NL, 020 had no problems. We were on for 31 days and the ship was great. Did not hear complaints.

Terri

Hey Sails, I said the same thing and still we cruised on the Veendam 6 months after they butchered her, though I hate to admit it. As long as you don't look at the outside of her, she is a good ship inside.

We had some great cruises on her years ago and have wonderful memories. Hopefully, we'll make some new happy memories next August. :)

Just disembarked in Fort Lauderdale a few days ago. All was working fine. If you like a suite near the NL, 020 had no problems. We were on for 31 days and the ship was great. Did not hear complaints.

Terri

THANK YOU ..... this is GREAT news. :) We do like cabins near Neptune and it's good to hear the mechanicals and A/C are working. Let's hope they stay that way. :)

Are you going to write some comments about your cruise?

I think many of us would love to hear some highlights if you have a chance after you get settled in.

Welcome back. :)

That is all I need to make a cruise workable.:)

See how easy we are to please. :)

Hey Sails, I said the same thing and still we cruised on the Veendam 6 months after they butchered her, though I hate to admit it. As long as you don't look at the outside of her, she is a good ship inside.

We just got off Veendam yesterday in NYC after boarding in Valparaiso for a 22 night cruise. With the exception of the "aft area on Deck 11" she looks identical to Maasdam and overall trip was great.

She still has some air conditioning issues. Some areas are too hot and some too cold. It was really noticable when I did the ipod art tour on Saturday and moved around the entire ship.

I'm happy to hear some positive remarks for a change about Veendam. I'll be boarding her in less than 2 weeks.

I've really been nervous about what to expect. It's our first HAL cruise, 11th cruise overall.

Isn't she going into drydark after this Bermuda season? I think I read that someplace...probably here. lol

If we like her enough we may look into this cruise, since we live so close to Boston it would be very convenient.

I'll let you know how we like our cruise when we return.

If HAL finds a good enough itinerary that appeals to someone and does it only with one ship, it is possible the person (Me) who said "NEVER" may change their mind. :rolleyes:

Same as they did in Noordam III's last days with HAL, they are giving Veendam good itineraries to sell her. Some of us do not like the 'improvements' made to that ship and said forgetaboutit....... I'm not sailing her again.

Welllllll, we booked Veendam today for her Boston to Boston 7 day Canada/New England. We have done that cruise with friends before and we all enjoyed it. We all booked it again. It is only being offered for one week next summer or DH and I would do it back-to-back as we have done in the past.

So much for NEVER....... :o

I hear ya Sail. Her QC-Boston itineraries have me salivating... I'll probably wait last-minute for a deal, as I'm quite flexible re: vacation time.

Enjoy! I agree PEI is nice, but you will be with friends which is even nicer.

ALWAYS...... Friends are so much more important than any itinerary ever could be. :) We're grateful to have such good friends to travel with.

That is a hidden little gem of an itinerary. I hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out.

It's terrific itinerary IMO and 'little gem' is very fitting. :)

I'm so happy to have mentioned something that pleases you. :)

Seeing it is always popular the rare year when HAL offers it, I wonder why they don't do it more. We would have booked it b-to-b and stayed aboard for two weeks as we have done in the past but it is only offered the one week.

I hear ya Sail. Her QC-Boston itineraries have me salivating... I'll probably wait last-minute for a deal, as I'm quite flexible re: vacation time.

Hope you get lucky and catch a price drop. :)

With two ships doing Canada/New England next summer, it just might happen.

This seems to be my year to be 'agreeable'. :D

First I AGREED to sail Alaska for/with DH.

Now I'm agreeing to sail the 'improved' Veendam. :eek:

I shiver to think what I'm going to agree to next. Whoa.......

Save me from myself....... Please!

Sail,

This takes me back to 25 years ago and I needed a new car (my first new one) and I was scared to sign the papers. My dad was with me and said, "sometimes you just have to take a chance". I did it and it all turned out fine~actually VERY fine. Anytime I have to make a decision that has me wondering if I am doing the right thing or not, I hear my dad saying those words and 99% of the time it works out great and I'm glad that I went for it. No regrets! I'm sure that all will be fine and you will have no regrets either. Just in case, sign up for a fan to have in your stateroom:) Wishing you GREAT cruise's!

I am praying our air conditioning and toilet work.

From all I've read that is not a 'given'. :(

Sail, if they don't work, you can always find a nice looking CCer at one of the bars and complain about it to them. Maybe they can get it fixed.

couldn't resist.:D

Sail,

This takes me back to 25 years ago and I needed a new car (my first new one) and I was scared to sign the papers. My dad was with me and said, "sometimes you just have to take a chance". I did it and it all turned out fine~actually VERY fine. Anytime I have to make a decision that has me wondering if I am doing the right thing or not, I hear my dad saying those words and 99% of the time it works out great and I'm glad that I went for it. No regrets! I'm sure that all will be fine and you will have no regrets either. Just in case, sign up for a fan to have in your stateroom:) Wishing you GREAT cruise's!

:) Thanks for such great support. It is appreciated.

Sail, if they don't work, you can always find a nice looking CCer at one of the bars and complain about it to them. Maybe they can get it fixed.

couldn't resist.:D

I did rather set myself up for that one.

Actually, I am LOL and think it's funny.

Thanks for the giggle. :)

Archived