Beaches with Lockers

Sinusoid

My boyfriend and I are looking to snorkel at one of the beaches (don't want to spend the bucks for an excursion). Are any of the beaches accessible from the dockyard known to have lockers for rent? And of those, which would be best for snorkeling?

Have not seen lockers at any of the beaches. Only a very few even have a place where there could be lockers. We just take as little with us as we can. Have never had a problem with anything missing......but there can always be a first. We have also asked someone close by to keep an eye on things for us. You can tell who is from your ship by their towel.

Bummer! Thank you guys, anyway! DBF went and bought an otter box, so hopefully that will work and we'll only take our passports, ship cards and some cash when we go out.

You don't need to take your passport. Just your picture ID and your ships card is all you need.

Bummer! Thank you guys, anyway! DBF went and bought an otter box, so hopefully that will work and we'll only take our passports, ship cards and some cash when we go out.

You should NOT take your passport, as has been said. If something happens (pickpocketed, unlikely or bags stolen or lost), you have no passport now to get back if you happen to miss your ship (no wallet or money to get on bus) or other.

What you should do is what my wife and I did in Bermuda last week. Read online to just make copies of our passports, leave the real passports in the ship safe and carry the photocopies on us while on the island. If anything happens, have proof of citizenship with us. What we did extras as well was to also photocopy our driver's licenses on the same page as our passports for two type of ID's, if needed.

I did that on a recent cruise to New Zealand and at one port I was told that photo copies were not acceptable for photo id. Celebrity confirmed and from then on they announced it on their speakers at each port. It was very uncomfortable having to be brought to the ship by security police because of the photo copy. So Photo Copy for loss only.

I did that on a recent cruise to New Zealand and at one port I was told that photo copies were not acceptable for photo id. Celebrity confirmed and from then on they announced it on their speakers at each port. It was very uncomfortable having to be brought to the ship by security police because of the photo copy. So Photo Copy for loss only.

Whoops, should've said that the photocopies could be used at US Embassy/Consulate to help prove citizenship if left behind or other. Obviously, it could not be used for photo ID at Customs or ship security though.

HAL made PA's saying to bring a gov't ID with you when ashore with ship's card and NOT your passport, for the very reasons stated previously. I did notice many people using their passports as gov't ID with Customs, perhaps it was their only gov't ID on their cruise.

Archived