"Next Cruise Certificates"

I'm sorry. I'm new to this whole cruising thing (first cruise June 2013). I STILL don't understand.

From what I've seen on this thread, the NC gets you:

1) Reduced Deposit (but you still end up paying the fare at some point, so I don't see the benefit there).

2) (up to) $100 OBC.

But what does the NC cost? Is it JUST the deposit (so there's basically no cost to this because you'd pay the deposit anyway)?

The only way to understand it is to compare booking from home opposed to booking while on board.

Deposits for booking a Specific cruise from home

$100pp* for 3-5 nights

$250pp* for 6-9 nights

$450pp* for 10+ nights

*These double if booked in GS or higher

Deposits from creating a NC while on board

$100pp No further money due until final payment **

Booking a GS or higher would be a full deposit doubled.

OBC From Booking On Board

$25 for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100 for sailings of 6-9 nights

$150 for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200 for sailings of 15+ nights

OBC From Booking From Home

$0 unless you book during a WOW sale or other Promo

"2" C&A Benefits from Booking On Board

OBC PLUS either a Balcony Discount or C&A Savings Certificate

"1" C&A Benefit from Booking From Home

Balcony Discount

C&A Savings Certificate

OBC from Shareholder Benefits

**There are some that book 2 years in advance using a NC. Only having to pay $100pp instead of a normal deposit, is really beneficial to many.

• 1 month later...

We are considering a cruise in 2013 with family and are considering purchasing NCC while on board in June. 2 questions:

1) If we book a specific cruise with NCC--must family book that cruise (or could they use their certificate later?)

2) If we book a specific cruise with NCC and family cannot go, do they forfeit the deposit?

Thanks

Bill

We are considering a cruise in 2013 with family and are considering purchasing NCC while on board in June. 2 questions:

1) If we book a specific cruise with NCC--must family book that cruise (or could they use their certificate later?)

2) If we book a specific cruise with NCC and family cannot go, do they forfeit the deposit?

Thanks

Bill

You are not actually booking a "specific cruise" if you purchase a NCC :) You will get two Family and Friends certificates and they way I understand it, they have to book within 30 days of you turning the NCC into a specific cruise. They do have to book the same sailing as you do.

Thanks

Bill

I think you might be a litle confused. While on board, you purchase either a specific future cruise, or a Next Cruise certificate with no specifics. In other words, there's no way to purchase a "specific cruise with NCC".

You purchase an NCC when you don't know what specific cruise you want. Then sometime later, when you decide what cruise you would like, you turn the NCC into a specific booking. So if you know what future cruise you want to take, there's no need for an NCC - just book the specific future cruise.

If you book a specific future cruise on board, all deposits are refundable. If you purchase an NCC for use later, the amount you put down on the NCC is not refundable.

So if the cruise you are interested in booking has a C&A savings certificate and you print the certificate and take it with you and book that cruise on board you CAN use both the certificate and get the OBC for booking on board??? Just want to make sure I understand that correctly.

So if the cruise you are interested in booking has a C&A savings certificate and you print the certificate and take it with you and book that cruise on board you CAN use both the certificate and get the OBC for booking on board??? Just want to make sure I understand that correctly.

Yes, you can use a C&A savings certificate in combination with the OBC for booking on board. Also, there's no need to take the certificate with you. It can be applied anytime before it's expiration date.

Yes, you can use a C&A savings certificate in combination with the OBC for booking on board. Also, there's no need to take the certificate with you. It can be applied anytime before it's expiration date.

Thanks. The certificate expires 6/30 and we cruise from 6/14-6/22 so I might as well take it with me.

Say on a 6-9 day cruise..is the 100.00 OBC you get with the Next Cruise certificate per cabin or per person? Example if DH and I both each purchased one could we have a total of200.00 OBC for a 7day cruise or only 100.00

Say on a 6-9 day cruise..is the 100.00 OBC you get with the Next Cruise certificate per cabin or per person? Example if DH and I both each purchased one could we have a total of200.00 OBC for a 7day cruise or only 100.00

100.00 OBC per cabin :)

I've cruised 10 times now and I'm still confused by Next Cruise Certificates.

Being from the UK doesn't help where we have different rules regarding deposits.

Am I right in thinking that a certificate purchased on Celebrity can be used for a Royal Caribbean cruise and vice versa?

I've cruised 10 times now and I'm still confused by Next Cruise Certificates.

Being from the UK doesn't help where we have different rules regarding deposits.

Am I right in thinking that a certificate purchased on Celebrity can be used for a Royal Caribbean cruise and vice versa?

As long as you purchase the correct Version of Next Cruise you want to use...you can't use a Royal Caribbean next cruise certificate for a Celebrity booking...but you CAN buy a Celebrity Next Cruise Cert. ON a Royal Carib. ship...and vice versa...:)

Great thread. I'm learning lots but have a couple of questions:

Is there a limit to how many NCC you can purchase? Specifically I'm considering purchasing an RCC one and a Celebrity one next time I'm on board.

We typcially, but not always, cruise wth the kids. Given that when we are with the kids we need two cabins with one in each of our names, can I get a NCC in my name and a separate one in my wife's name?

And if yes, if we chose to sail alone, we only have to use one of the two NCC's when we book, and the additional deposit when we formally book is only another $100, correct?

I'm sorry. I'm new to this whole cruising thing (first cruise June 2013). I STILL don't understand.

From what I've seen on this thread, the NC gets you:

1) Reduced Deposit (but you still end up paying the fare at some point, so I don't see the benefit there).

2) (up to) $100 OBC.

But what does the NC cost? Is it JUST the deposit (so there's basically no cost to this because you'd pay the deposit anyway)?

Just in case you're still confused: what you pay is JUST the deposit. There is no "cost" to the NC itself - you must pay the reduced deposit upfront, but it is applied to the amount due for the cruise you're purchasing (like any other deposit would be). In return for committing to your next cruise while you're still on the ship and plunking down the reduced deposit, you get OBC.

Great thread. I'm learning lots but have a couple of questions:

Is there a limit to how many NCC you can purchase? Specifically I'm considering purchasing an RCC one and a Celebrity one next time I'm on board.

We typcially, but not always, cruise wth the kids. Given that when we are with the kids we need two cabins with one in each of our names, can I get a NCC in my name and a separate one in my wife's name?

And if yes, if we chose to sail alone, we only have to use one of the two NCC's when we book, and the additional deposit when we formally book is only another $100, correct?

Regarding limits to purchasing NCC's, I've been told different stories. One LA told me they limited purchases to 2 per cruise. Another let me buy 4. So I'm not really sure about limits.

However, regarding your kid's rooms, each NCC comes with 2 Friends & Family certificates good for booking 2 more staterooms on the same cruise as you decide, and will get the same OBC as you. So you may not need to purchase NCC's for the kids. The F&F certs must be used within 30 days of when you first turn the NCC into a specific cruise.

The other deposit will be $100 when you finally book a specific cruise. The only exception would be if you booked a GS or better, in which case the full deposit is due.

If I purchase a Future Cruise on board do we get a Family and Friends cert to use within 30 days of the booking?

No Family and Friends certificates with the Future Cruise booking that I know of. Only when purchasing a NextCruise certificate.

Something I just found out about NCCs this week - the taxes/fees are based on the date you bought the NCC, not the date you book the cruise. I bought the NCC on 12/18/11 and used it on 5/23/12 to book a cruise for 2013. Taxes/fees on 5/24/12 would have been $60.25 pp, but I was charged the amount in effect on 12/18/11 - $76.43 pp. Not a deal breaker, but disappointing because the rep had quoted $60.25, but $76.43 showed up on the invoice. This could also work in your favor - you could wind up paying less.

Regarding limits to purchasing NCC's, I've been told different stories. One LA told me they limited purchases to 2 per cruise. Another let me buy 4. So I'm not really sure about limits.

I just bought 5 NCC's on our last cruise. I had to split it up, 3 in my name and 2 for DH. She said we could do no more than 3 at a time.

So.... your 4 blew that out the window.:eek:

I just bought 5 NCC's on our last cruise. I had to split it up, 3 in my name and 2 for DH. She said we could do no more than 3 at a time.

So.... your 4 blew that out the window.:eek:

Unfortunately what one LA on one ship tells you does not necessarily mean that you will get the same information from another LA on another ship. Consistency is something that is not practiced on RCI ships.:(

On our recent b2b2b on Radiance we were able to create 3 NC bookings per cruise.

Unfortunately what one LA on one ship tells you does not necessarily mean that you will get the same information from another LA on another ship. Consistency is something that is not practiced on RCI ships.:(

On our recent b2b2b on Radiance we were able to create 3 NC bookings per cruise.

Welcome back Patti!

Bob

Something I just found out about NCCs this week - the taxes/fees are based on the date you bought the NCC, not the date you book the cruise. I bought the NCC on 12/18/11 and used it on 5/23/12 to book a cruise for 2013. Taxes/fees on 5/24/12 would have been $60.25 pp, but I was charged the amount in effect on 12/18/11 - $76.43 pp. Not a deal breaker, but disappointing because the rep had quoted $60.25, but $76.43 showed up on the invoice. This could also work in your favor - you could wind up paying less.

I never thought about that, it seems like it would work in your favor most of the time.

Archived