Change in dining time.

teajak

Does anyone know why they changed DR early seating to 5:30? Really fouls up the social hour for D and D+,don't like my time as we prefer the same wait staff and they won't make a reservation ahead for a time and table preference.Is this a money thing,only 1/2 hour means less drinks served.Really am an unhappy camper about this.:(

They occasionally adjust the time based on the cruise's demographics. It has nothing to do with the "happy hour/social hour".

If you do MTD, you can request the same table and waitstaff every night and eat at the same time (say 6 pm, like Main Seating typically is).

Does anyone know why they changed DR early seating to 5:30? Really fouls up the social hour for D and D+,don't like my time as we prefer the same wait staff and they won't make a reservation ahead for a time and table preference.Is this a money thing,only 1/2 hour means less drinks served.Really am an unhappy camper about this.:(

As others have already mentioned, the demographics of the passenger complement often cause them to change the dining times. Your complaints about my time dining don't accurately portray how it works. With My Time Dining you can certainly request the same wait staff and they will do their best to accommodate you. (If you doubt that they will take reservations, how do you explain those posters who claim to feel "pressured" to make reservations when they select MTD?) They will also allow, and often recommend, advance reservations for a specific dining time, especially if you are looking to have a specific team of servers.

Whatever drinking time you lose on one end, you can certainly make up on the other unless you expect to be in the dining room from 5:30 until 8:30.

They occasionally adjust the time based on the cruise's demographics. It has nothing to do with the "happy hour/social hour".

If you do MTD, you can request the same table and waitstaff every night and eat at the same time (say 6 pm, like Main Seating typically is).

Not what they told our TA, would only guarantee time not table size or wait staff.I will have her try again maybe get a different answer, I really do like the same wait staff. Wasn't concerned about the amount of drinking time but we do enjoy that hour with other cruisers.Not a deal breaker for a good cruise.

Not what they told our TA, would only guarantee time not table size or wait staff.I will have her try again maybe get a different answer, I really do like the same wait staff. Wasn't concerned about the amount of drinking time but we do enjoy that hour with other cruisers.Not a deal breaker for a good cruise.

That is correct....they will not "guarantee" ...it's only a request...but most times they do accommodate your request.

Archived