Pilot's Choice helicopter tour

travelin_nat

Has anyone taken this tour lately? Just curious how many people they put on the helicopter.

Also curious about what camera to take. We are splitting up for the day in Juneau. DH and oldest DD are taking photography tour, youngest DD and I are going on the helicopter tour. If I let oldest DD take my DSLR and I take a compact point and shoot, will I miss having the fancier camera?

Tia

Nat

contact the vendor directly, and inquire what aircraft they use.

These tours are excellent, with usually 2 glacier landings. I've flown them 2 out of the 7 times I have done glacier helicopter landings.

Has anyone taken this tour lately? Just curious how many people they put on the helicopter.

Also curious about what camera to take. We are splitting up for the day in Juneau. DH and oldest DD are taking photography tour, youngest DD and I are going on the helicopter tour. If I let oldest DD take my DSLR and I take a compact point and shoot, will I miss having the fancier camera?

Tia

Nat

We took that flight 2 years ago and were lucky to have the other couple not show up - so we had the helicpter to ourselves. Being a pro photographer - I had my DSLR and took 2 lenses a 70-200 2.8 zoom and a 24-70 2.8 zoom. I think a point and shoot would be OK as the views are spectacular, but the beauty really deserves the higher quality equipment. We landed on a small glacier with some water and rocks - spent about 15 minutes walking around and taking photos. Then flew up some spectacular canyons and landed on the Juneau ice field. This was the most incredible experience we have ever had.

We toook turns sitting in the co-pilot seat and we also traded off shooting video and stills.I would highly recomend taking some video too. An experience we will never forget.

Archived