Future Cruise Certificate Question

I believe that the only "too late" would be if your cruise would be due in full. We just recently applied an FCC for the first time and it took Carnival about a week and a half to process it (they said that the acct. department was behind) and apply it. So you might want to book/allow a couple of weeks before your final payment would be due to be sure that it is applied.

I believe that the only "too late" would be if your cruise would be due in full. We just recently applied an FCC for the first time and it took Carnival about a week and a half to process it (they said that the acct. department was behind) and apply it. So you might want to book/allow a couple of weeks before your final payment would be due to be sure that it is applied.

Even that's not too late. You just need to be sure you apply the FCC around 3-4 weeks before sail date (give time for processing, though my last one was applied in 10 days). If you are after final payment, you will have $100 refunded back to the card you used for final payment

I got the same message about the department being backed up and then was looking at the excursions the next day and found that my credit was already applied... Maybe I was just lucky but I did mine over the phone because computer would not behave so maybe that was the difference who knows lol

Even that's not too late. You just need to be sure you apply the FCC around 3-4 weeks before sail date (give time for processing, though my last one was applied in 10 days). If you are after final payment, you will have $100 refunded back to the card you used for final payment

That's what we did last time-we only booked a month or so in advance and I got the money back on my credit card.

The only problem I had was when I got on the ship, my OBC wasn't there and I didn't get it until 2 days into the cruise.

Wow, I guess I just lucked out... I applied a FCC this morning and when I came back during lunch I got an e-mail that it has been processed. I checked my reservation and sure enough...! Nice to see that OBC mentioned.

I don't know that it's ever too late - maybe a day before. We booked a cruise in January only 10 days before we sailed and our certificate was accepted. The $100 was credited back to our credit card and we received the OBC. If it doesn't show up several days before sailing, call Carnival and make sure it gets applied.

Thanks for all the good replies. Based on your responses, it looks like the longest time period before credit is posted is typically 10-14 days (though like many of you ours didn't take that long last time). I think we have decided to book no later than three weeks before the cruise we are looking at if the price doesn't drop more. That looks like it will be sufficient to allow our FCC credit on our credit card and the posting of our OBC before sailing.

Archived