LCV - Good PR Opportunity Missed?

nuneham

We had to miss a Journey cruise last October due to the onset of severe illness just hours before our flight. When we booked 2 ACC cruises for this year our TA suggested we asked about the LCV credits since we had paid in full for the cruise facilities but received none of them. Apparently it's not Azamara's policy to give the credits if the passengers have not actually sailed. Could I suggest for the future that it would be a small and very inexpensive gesture but really good PR? Many thanks.

We had to miss a Journey cruise last October due to the onset of severe illness just hours before our flight. When we booked 2 ACC cruises for this year our TA suggested we asked about the LCV credits since we had paid in full for the cruise facilities but received none of them. Apparently it's not Azamara's policy to give the credits if the passengers have not actually sailed. Could I suggest for the future that it would be a small and very inexpensive gesture but really good PR? Many thanks.

Two questions:

What is LCV?

Isn't this what travel insurance is for?:confused:

Hi Nuneham,

That I know of, none of the Royal Caribbean companies offer loyalty points for sailings not taken. Would it be a nice gesture if they gave you the point(s) ? Yes.... but, I'd be surprised to see the policy change.

Has anyone contacted Azamara yet ? Perhaps it's worth a phone call. As you booked with a TA, they should make the request on your behalf. Good Luck !

I think this is the practice for all travel loyalty programs, and I agree it would be a nice gesture. I recently had to cancel a last minute business trip, and while I was charged for the hotel and couldn't get a refund on my ir, neither awarded me the points although I'd paid full price.

Same for airline points and more critically tier points - levels have to be re earned each year and it is not fun to have a plan derailed just as you are nearing the deadline :(

Archived