New Years Eve Cruises?

brendaisbored

I'm not sure if this is the right forum...but I don't know where else would be appropriate. :)

A friend and I have been discussing going on a cruise for New Years Eve. I've found a couple, but they are all really expensive (We're both college students on a budget).

Does anyone know of some decently priced cruises that are out on midnight of the 31st? I don't even care what line or where the ports are, we can have fun anywere (although warm is good) as long it leaves from the US.

My suggestion would be to check out some of the weekend cruises (3 or 4 night) because they will be cheaper. I just booked a New Years on RC Enchantment, but their 3 night cruises (leaving on friday 30th) out of Melbourne are a little cheaper. Good luck and have fun! Let me know if you end up on the Enchantment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had an Enchantment 5 day booked for this New Years and had to cancel due to one member not getting off work.

So we booked a cruise over Thanksgiving - 7 days, SAME PRICE! Ouch... 2 more days, more ports, for the same price. We started to re-think a New Years cruise.

This year, we're doing a land based New Years. Universal City Walk in FL looks like a gas. A cheaper-than-cruising New Years could also be Vegas (and again, a blast.)

I'm like you and still want to do a New Years cruise. Another poster mentioned this too, ESPECIALLY on your short little 3 day affordable ones (I've done RCCL 3-day Majesty...) there's a LOT of young kids. Just depends if that's your style or not.

• 10 months later...
My suggestion would be to check out some of the weekend cruises (3 or 4 night) because they will be cheaper. I just booked a New Years on RC Enchantment, but their 3 night cruises (leaving on friday 30th) out of Melbourne are a little cheaper. Good luck and have fun! Let me know if you end up on the Enchantment.

I would love a New Years Eve cruise because its also my anniversary! But is it really worth it?

200705130500_101.gif

• 1 year later...

I know it's an old thread but I'm going to try and resurrect it. I'm booked on the Carnival Valor for this coming New Year's Eve and was wondering what to expect. Dec. 31 will be spent in St. Thomas until 8:00 PM. Will the party atmosphere begin before we sail, during dinner or not until near midnight? Will it be a dressy evening? Any ideas...comments? Any input would be welcome.

Anyone else going? There's already a Roll Calls thread started, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=693842&referrerid=91860, so join in if you'll be sailing with us.

• 4 months later...

Our Holiday cruise in 2007 on Explorer of the Seas was so wonderful we're doing it again. Altho I dont think 2009 will see us with the open ing price of that one- it is 2 more days nad 2K more....nope..

Nothing Beats it though!!! It was and will be the GREATEST cruise..to be on a cruise ship on the ocean under the stars is heaven to me!

The party starts early.....everyone I 'noticed' was dressed AMAZINGLY!!!

We were in Antigua that day (2007), but at sea by 4pm or 5 pm so dont know how it will be if the ship is docked in a port.

2008 brings us to being out at sea...Dec 31 is a sea day and I CANT WAIT!

Archived