How to contact NCL - defective product purchased on ship

rfcf2trips

We purchased a watch for our daughter while we were on the Norwegian Gem. When we got home and gave her the watch we found that it was defective. The crown/winding stem/pin fell off as soon as she tried to adjust the time. My wife called NCL two to three times. She was transferred to a voice mail box. She left messages but no one has responded.

NCL does not provide an email address on their website (Contact Us).

I had received a Survey email from NCL, which had a link to a comments area. I sent an email through this link last week but I have not heard anything: http://www2.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/recent-cruiser-survey

Has anyone purchased a defective item on a Norwegian ship? Were you able to get it replaced or a refund? If yes, then what number or email address did you use?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you're not going to get anywhere trying to resolve this with NCL. You need to contact the vendor. Keep in mind that all the jewelry shops on the ships are private concessionaires not run or owned by NCL. I'm not saying NCL doesn't bear any responsibility at all in overseeing the professionalism of the vendors that they choose and lease space to, but I am saying that it's the vendor who needs to be contacted.

I have read about these types of issues and it all goes back to the outfit running the store, but I haven't a clue how to contact them (unless maybe it's on the receipt). This is one of the reasons that I only buy small souveniers when travelling either onboard or in port.

Sorry to hear about your problem. I sure hope they make it right for you. Especially because it was for your daughter. I can't imagine how both of you felt when the watch broke. Hope they fix it for you.

I purchased a necklace on the Dawn from Columbian Emeralds Vender. I wore the necklace on the ship one night and the next time I went to wear it the snake chain broke.

I contacted the vendor and was told because my 30 days was up I was out of luck/. I could send it to them and they would repair it and bill me -- not acceptable. I chose not to repair -- I purchased another chain from another vendor and what a difference.

I am not sure I would by another chain on the ship or from Columbian Emeralds -- I was not happy with their service or shall I say lack there of

We bought a beautiful ring from the "jeweler" on the Pearl about 3 years ago and we have had no problems with it. We even took it to our local reputable jeweler who re-appraised it for us and verified that the Tanzanite was authentic and the price we were quoted was spot on.

When we bought the ring, it took them 36 hours to get us the Manufacturer's Warranty Agreement and the address and phone # in case we had any problems. They told us specifically, that they were just representatives of the manufacturer and that any issues or problems should be handled directly with the "home" office and not them.

My husband was quite insistent about getting the Warranty information including a name and phone # in case we had problems. I don't think he would have gotten it if he had not persisted as much as he did.

If you have the receipt, you might try looking for the name of the seller or the # for information. Another way to resolve this is to send a certified letter to the home office of NCL explaining what happened and how you would like some resolution that satisfies you; reimbursement for the watch, etc. If you have the original receipt, send a copy of that along as well.

Not guaranteeing it will get you anywhere but it is a place to start.

Good luck!

You can always file a dispute of the charges through your credit card issuer as you've tried in good faith to get resolution for what appears to be obviously defective merchandise. I'd suspect you'd at least get identification as to who the actual seller is.

Archived