A Problem with Celebrity Reservation

seacruiserla

We encountered a problem with Celebrity reservation and wonder if anyone could tell us whether there is anythiong else we can do about it. The problem is as follows: We booked a new cruise while we were on a Celebrity Cruise earlier this year. At that time, we were given a form to transfer our booking to our own travel agent after our returning home. Our travel agent has been having problem doing so because the Celebrity Cruise reservation people now are saying that it is over 60 days since our booking. We were never told we had 60 days to make the transfer. I called the people at Celebrity reservation today. They kept saying that it's on the transfer form that we had 60 days to make the transfer and I told them it was not (and I read the form we signed to them). I was transferred to a supervisor (Crystal) who said there was nothing they could do and there was no one else higher than her I could talk to. At this time, we cancelled the booking. It seems like they are willing to lose $6,000 from us because of that. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Is there anyone at Celebrity corporate office who should know about this? I was told by Crystal that I could not talk with anyone at corporate office that made this policy which was never told to us when we did the booking nor on the transfer form itself as they claim. Thanks. --Terry

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with transferring your reservation. I just took a look at my Celebrity Booking Confirmation - Guest Copy and it does state on page two (last paragraph) that "Bookings may only be transferred to a Travel Agent up until 60 days from creation if the request is made outside of final payment period and the booking is not paid in full."

Karen

Archived