Duty Free Shop Athens Cruise Port?

DC0743

We will be sailing out of the Athens Cruise terminal on the May 26th sailing of the Riviera. Can anyone advise me if there is a duty free or other shop at/near the cruise ship terminal where we can purchase some wine? Thanks

We will be sailing out of the Athens Cruise terminal on the May 26th sailing of the Riviera. Can anyone advise me if there is a duty free or other shop at/near the cruise ship terminal where we can purchase some wine? Thanks

There is a little shop there that has a small selection of wine, but remember that the duty free regulations are changing. Is your cruise sailing outside of the EU?

We have also found it is open or closed based on the whim of the staff and doesn't seem to keep regular hours.

If you have time there must be stores on Ramblas that sell wine. At the top of Ramblas on the Plaza there is a dept store that had a supermarket in it's basement, if I remember correctly.

We have also found it is open or closed based on the whim of the staff and doesn't seem to keep regular hours.

If you have time there must be stores on Ramblas that sell wine. At the top of Ramblas on the Plaza there is a dept store that had a supermarket in it's basement, if I remember correctly.

The Ramblas is a LONG way from Athens! I think you mean the Plaka. :p

For the most part, Greek wine isn't overly expensive so I don't think I would bother with duty free, go to any wine/grocery store in the Pireas (Harbor) area. Unless alot has changed recently, I wouldn't expect to find much in the way of other European wines (Italy, France, etc.) anywhere in Greece, but you will find plenty of Greek wines in the Greek Islands as well, if you have limited time for purchase in Athens/Pireas.

Thanks for the info. I really don't mind if it is a duty free shop or not, I just thought they may have a better selection of wine. Are the stores in the harbor within walking distance from where the boat docks? We will get on board at about 1:00 and don't leave port till 8:00PM, so we have lots of time to gather supplies.

When I was last in Pireas, I seem to remember a number of small wine grocery/wine shops near the pier. We were more interested in a good seafood lunch and there are alot of great fresh seafood restaurants near the pier. Taxis are plentiful also but you may want to have someone at the information booth write out the address and name of a wine/grocery shop in Greek to show the taxi driver as often the drivers English is limited.

Archived