Please help narrow down our choices

YourCoach

I am hoping that by sharing when, June 3, we are cruising, the fact that we are bringing our 9 year old son, and that my wife and son love animals/wildlife, I could get some help narrowing the overwhelming choices of interesting things to do at the various ports. Even if I could get some help with some no-brainer eliminations of certain options, as well as some suggestions/options that I should definitely seriously consider. We will be taking the Celebrity Summit, 7nt, from Vancouver to Anchorage. Here is my itinerary: Inside Passage (Cruising), Ketchikan, Skagway, Juneau, Icy Strait Point, Hubbard Glacier (Cruising), Seward. We will arrive at Vancouver at 2:15 PM, the day before the cruise, and depart Anchorage 8:15 PM the day after the cruise ends. Thanks for all help.

Carl

carl@yourcoach.biz

For Seward #1 Sealife Center #2 Exit Glacier #3 Dogsled ride ..Godwin or Ididaride All 3 can easily be done in one day with planning.There is also wildlife cruises,kayaking,fishing,hiking,bike rentals,museum.Exit Glacier, Major Marine tours and the Sealife Center have kid's programs that your son might enjoy doing.

ABOLUTELY take advantage of Seward and stay your only interior night there. Rent a car from Hertz- costly YES, but gives you the best flexability and greatest use of your short time. Take a Kenai Fjords boat tour of at least 6 hours on the water- take precautions if prone to sea sickness. This will offer you the BEST opportunity for varied wildlife close up and extensive and a superior glacier viewing compared to your cruise ship. For whales go out of Juneau- 100% sightings of humpbacks. As you get the idea- tours are necessary for any wildlife. In Seward just excellent is Seavey's and the Sealife Center. Look over your shore excursion list and list your interests- there are just too many excellent tours to recommend.

For further planning- allow 3 hours for the drive Seward/Anchorage and a 2 hour window at the airport. Spend some time seeing the Arm. Portage Glacier visitor center is worth a stop and the Animal Park would give you a close look at some animals.

Archived